Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2021 1:49 PM
Subject: [nvda] Question about updating from NVDA 2021.2 to 2021.3 with Windows 10 21H2

Hi.  I've got a couple of concerns about installing the update to NVDA 2021.3 when it's released because I've just installed the update to Windows 10, 21H2.  Has NVDA had the same problem that JAWS has with regard to doing overinstalls or repairs in conflict with the recent update to Windows 10, 21H2?  If I'm not mistaken, updating from NVDA 2021.2 to 2021.3 would be considered an overinstall.  I don't usually install NVDA updates as a portable copy, but install them over the previous version, unless something goes off, at which point I'll do a clean install using the most recent executable.  I know there was a message on the Windows list about the conflict between JAWS and the Windows 10, 21H2 update that Microsoft is aware of.  If NVDA users haven't had a problem, is there a chance that Microsoft will fix the problem before the stable version of NVDA 2021.3 is released?

Thanks,

Louise

Chris

Its a jaws issue as far as I know

I have installed the last two nvda beta with no issues

[...]

Quentin Christensen

I'm not aware of any issue with updating programs (I am still on 21H1, Build 19043.1348, so can't comment first hand).  Can you point me to a post or page with more info on the problem please?

Quentin.