Topics

Question regarding interpunction reading

lutztiger.luigi@...

Dear list,

I’ve been using JAWS and NVDA 2017 (prior big update) for a long time. Recently I have installed the current version of NVDA.

It seems like there have been made changes regarding how interpunction is treated in the text-to-speech modules. NVDA pauses much longer at the end of sentences for example. I believe brackets are also treated differently, creating longer pauses. This pausing, probably having some advantages, dramatically slows down how fast I can go through texts and confuses me when working.

How can I make NVDA read text like it used to in versions of 2017 and prior?

Best

almaric

Lukasz Golonka

On Mon, 4 Jan 2021 14:05:24 +0100
lutztiger.luigi@gmail.com wrote:
[...]
I've been using JAWS and NVDA 2017 (prior big update) for a long time. Recently I have installed the current version of NVDA.
Just to make sure by current version you mean NVDA 2020.3 - right?

It seems like there have been made changes regarding how interpunction is treated in the text-to-speech modules. NVDA pauses much longer at the end of sentences for example. I believe brackets are also treated differently, creating longer pauses. This pausing, probably having some advantages, dramatically slows down how fast I can go through texts and confuses me when working.
what synthesizer are you using now, and what synth were you using with
NVDA 2017?

--
Regards
Lukasz