question regarding voices

JinYoun

Hi, I notice that there is vocalizer from code factory and from nuance an was curious what the difference was between the 2? Are they the same thing?
Also, is there somewhere I can hear what the elequance voices sounf like?
Lastely, if one purchases a licens for vocalizer, does that license work forever with updates to future versions of NVDA?
Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I could not find info on this...
Thank you

Rui Fontes

Hello!

First of all, Vocalizer voices are property of Cerence, Inc., a company founded by Nuance, wich is the prior owner of Vocalizer voices...

Tiflotecnia first, and later CodeFactory, made a contract with Nuance to sell their voices to NVDA users.

To force the utilization only with NVDA were created NVDA add-ons.

When you buy a license from one of the companies, it will be only valid for the product of that company...

There are any license allowing the use of voices from both companies...

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.