Topics

Questions

Emmanuel Junaid

Please help on the following:
1 can I instal two versions of NVDA on one computer.
2 does the NVDA remote add-on work on the latest stable version of nvda?

Jesse Farquharson

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 7:03 PM Emmanuel Junaid <emmanueljunaidh@...> wrote:

Please help on the following:
1 can I instal two versions of NVDA on one computer.
2 does the NVDA remote add-on work on the latest stable version of nvda?

For question 1, yes, and no. You can create a portable copy of NVDA to run on a flash drive or other external device. Though with the way it's set up I don't see why you couldn't create another copy elsewhere.
As for NVDA remote and NVDA 2019.3, I believe they are compatible, yes.
Hope this helps.

Emmanuel Junaid

Please give me the link for the latest remote addone.

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020, 12:05 AM Jesse Farquharson <jesse100rules@...> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 7:03 PM Emmanuel Junaid <emmanueljunaidh@...> wrote:

Please help on the following:
1 can I instal two versions of NVDA on one computer.
2 does the NVDA remote add-on work on the latest stable version of nvda?

For question 1, yes, and no. You can create a portable copy of NVDA to run on a flash drive or other external device. Though with the way it's set up I don't see why you couldn't create another copy elsewhere.
As for NVDA remote and NVDA 2019.3, I believe they are compatible, yes.
Hope this helps.

You can't run two *installed* versions on the same machine, but you can run one installed version and as many portable versions as you like, or you can run everything portable (but I wouldn't).

You can use NVDA Remote with 2019.3, but you have to get the compatible version of the download, see the NVDA Remote Access Download Page.

You can create a portable copy and move it or copy it wherever you want.  Portable programs aren’t installed so the answer to the question is that you can have as many portable copies on a machine as you want and they can be any compatible versions.  There is no limit to the current or older versions you can have on the machine if they are portable and compatible with the version of Windows running.  But you can only have one installed copy of NVDA on a machine at a time.