Topics

Quick default hot key question

Sile

Hello

The NVDA Audio Chart add-on for XL is set, by default, to the hotkey 'tab plus a'.  This is also the key to read to end.  Is there any way to change the audio chart hot key, or do I have to change the read-to-end hot key?

--Sile

Tony Malykh

By default AudioChart assigns NVDA+a shortcut in desktop layout and nvda+control+shift+a in laptop layout.

Is your NVDA running in Laptop layout?

In any case, you can always change default hotkeys in input gestures dialog in preferences menu.

--Tony

On 11/7/2019 8:56 AM, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello

The NVDA Audio Chart add-on for XL is set, by default, to the hotkey 'tab plus a'.  This is also the key to read to end.  Is there any way to change the audio chart hot key, or do I have to change the read-to-end hot key?

--Sile

Sile

Yes, S

On Nov 7, 2019, at 10:02 PM, Tony Malykh <anton.malykh@...> wrote:

By default AudioChart assigns NVDA+a shortcut in desktop layout and nvda+control+shift+a in laptop layout.

Is your NVDA running in Laptop layout?

In any case, you can always change default hotkeys in input gestures dialog in preferences menu.

--Tony

On 11/7/2019 8:56 AM, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello

The NVDA Audio Chart add-on for XL is set, by default, to the hotkey 'tab plus a'. This is also the key to read to end. Is there any way to change the audio chart hot key, or do I have to change the read-to-end hot key?

--Sile

Sile

Ah, that’s where the default hotkeys menu went :-) I’ve been looking for it for days…

Sile

On Nov 7, 2019, at 10:02 PM, Tony Malykh <anton.malykh@...> wrote:

By default AudioChart assigns NVDA+a shortcut in desktop layout and nvda+control+shift+a in laptop layout.

Is your NVDA running in Laptop layout?

In any case, you can always change default hotkeys in input gestures dialog in preferences menu.

--Tony

On 11/7/2019 8:56 AM, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello

The NVDA Audio Chart add-on for XL is set, by default, to the hotkey 'tab plus a'. This is also the key to read to end. Is there any way to change the audio chart hot key, or do I have to change the read-to-end hot key?

--Sile

Sile

PS, Tony, I just checked and actually I’m using NVDA in desktop mode on my laptop, because I always use an external keyboard.

Sile

On Nov 8, 2019, at 3:07 AM, Sile via Groups.Io <somodhrain=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Ah, that’s where the default hotkeys menu went :-) I’ve been looking for it for days…

Sile
On Nov 7, 2019, at 10:02 PM, Tony Malykh <anton.malykh@...> wrote:

By default AudioChart assigns NVDA+a shortcut in desktop layout and nvda+control+shift+a in laptop layout.

Is your NVDA running in Laptop layout?

In any case, you can always change default hotkeys in input gestures dialog in preferences menu.

--Tony

On 11/7/2019 8:56 AM, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello

The NVDA Audio Chart add-on for XL is set, by default, to the hotkey 'tab plus a'. This is also the key to read to end. Is there any way to change the audio chart hot key, or do I have to change the read-to-end hot key?

--Sile

Sile

Hello Tony

So maybe I am being stupid, but I can't seem to change this gesture in the input gestures dialogue.  First of all, NVDA is not announcing what the current shortcut key is when I select it within the Input Gestures dropdown, and I can't find the place where I can change it.

--Sile

On 2019-11-07 10:02 p.m., Tony Malykh wrote:
By default AudioChart assigns NVDA+a shortcut in desktop layout and nvda+control+shift+a in laptop layout.

Is your NVDA running in Laptop layout?

In any case, you can always change default hotkeys in input gestures dialog in preferences menu.

--Tony

On 11/7/2019 8:56 AM, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello

The NVDA Audio Chart add-on for XL is set, by default, to the hotkey 'tab plus a'.  This is also the key to read to end.  Is there any way to change the audio chart hot key, or do I have to change the read-to-end hot key?

--Sile

Sile

Hi Tony, I sorted it out. I just wasn’t going deep enough into the menu to be able to change the shortcut key.