Topics

Re-Order quick actions in Action Center with keyboard

Denis Sariyannis

Hi All,
under Windows 10 settings -> system -> Action Center it is possible to re-order the quick action buttons.
I think sighted users are doing this via drag and drop. Is there a simple way to do it with the keyboard and NVDA?

Thanks and best regards
Denis

--
Denis Sariyannis
Mail: denis.sariyannis@...

Hello,

Yes, you can. The principle is the same as for tiles in the Start menu and maybe some other places in Windows 10. And that is: Focus an item that you want to move and then use Alt+Shift+Arrow keys to move the item. Note, that the items are placed in a grid with 4 items in a row and down and right moves the item to the right and on the next row eventually and left and up moves the item to the left and on the previous row eventually. Also note, that at least for me, NVDA does not announce the movement of the items (Narrator does). When you're done, tab to the "Done" button and activate it to save your settings. If you don't want to save your changes, press ESCAPE to just dismiss the editing window. Another note: the label of the "Done" button seams to be different for screen readers, but it is the one before the one for adding items to the quick actions panel.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 9.11.2019 г. в 0:31, Denis Sariyannis написа:

Hi All,
under Windows 10 settings -> system -> Action Center it is possible to re-order the quick action buttons.
I think sighted users are doing this via drag and drop. Is there a simple way to do it with the keyboard and NVDA?

Thanks and best regards
Denis

--
Denis Sariyannis
Mail: denis.sariyannis@...
Phone: +49 6227 6982766
Mobile: +49 176 66830900

Hi,
As a follow-up: I’ll do some digging into making NVDA announce drag and drop operations for this grid and tiles in the future.

Cheers,

Joseph

[...]

Hi Joseph and Costa,
Thank you so much for your quick replies.  They are very helpful. I didn't even know that it is possible to rearrange the tiles on the start menu With the keyboard.
Best regards
Denis

Von meinem iPhone gesendet