From: David Griffith
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2020 12:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reader mode in Chrome?

I use one in the Brave Browser called Reader View which is presumably
identical in Chrome as they use the same engine.

When a page loads in which you want to invoke the reader view bring up the
context menu and Reader View options will probably be there.

It may be that the context menu includes an option to show in Reader View or
alternatively open link in Reader View – options seem to vary depending on
the actual page and where you are focussed when the page opens. Anyway you
get used to things working in certain ways on certain sites. I have learnt
on some sites for example simply pressing application followed by S will
invoke the Show in Reader View command, but this does not always work.

I contacted the developers to request for a designated Reader View keystroke
shortcut but they did not respond. They probably did not really understand
the issue for those of us using screenreaders.

David Griffith