From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of AKH AKH
Sent: Dienstag, 12. Januar 2021 12:19
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Readig Zoom meeting Chat

Hi all

Is it possible for NVDA to read the live Chat messages that meeting participants post during a zoom meeting, please? If so, how?

Andrew

Gene

Yes, but is there a way to have each chat message automatically read when it appears? I don't know but if NVDA doesn't do this, there may be an add-on that will do so.

I just checked and there is an add-on. But I don't know if it automatically reads messages. but it does allow you to turn on or off alerts about such messages. When you get an alert, you will know to check for a new one. That may be of some help.
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/zoomEnhancements.en.html

Alt-H opens the chat area. Here you can write to the room, to individuals and of course you can read the messages, Use Tab and Shift-Tab.

Alt-H opens the chat area. Here you can write to the room, to individuals and of course you can read the messages, Use Tab and Shift-Tab.

Is it possible for NVDA to read the live Chat messages that meeting participants post during a zoom meeting, please? If so, how?

Andrew

Bob Cavanaugh

Without remembering it until a meeting tonight, I am having the same problem. Fortunately, with the latest version of Zoom, NVDA seems to be reading everything else that it should, but in the meeting I was in tonight, one of the participants was using the chat quite a bit, and NVDA wasn't reading it to me at all. I checked the accessibility settings and under screen reader alerts, everything related to chats was checked, but NVDA would not read them. This used to work for me just fine, then about May it quit working.