Reading Desktop Icons in List View

Aschalew Byness

Hi you lovely guys?
Is there any method to read desctop icons in listview using NVDA.

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

What do you mean by read desk top icons? when you arrow around on the desk top, running applications area or notification area nvda will speak it out what it is focused on.

If you want to see how that icon etc is spelled you can use the 1 for previous charactor, 2 for current charactor and 3 for next charactor on the numeric keypad.

Pressing the number 5 on the numeric key pad will say the word that is current.

Is this what you mean?

GGene nz

On 10/06/2021 4:49 pm, Aschalew Byness wrote:
Hi you lovely guys?
Is there any method to read desctop icons in listview using NVDA.

Jim Fettgather

Hello.
This may not be the most elegant way to read your Desktop icons in a list view, but I use the Run command, Windows R, and type Desktop.
All of the icons are there, not in a grid, but in a list view as you had requested.
Thanks.

What do you mean by read desk top icons? when you arrow around on the
desk top, running applications area or notification area nvda will speak
it out what it is focused on.

If you want to see how that icon etc is spelled you can use the 1 for
previous charactor, 2 for current charactor and 3 for next charactor on
the numeric keypad.

Pressing the number 5 on the numeric key pad will say the word that is
current.

Is this what you mean?

GGene nz

On 10/06/2021 4:49 pm, Aschalew Byness wrote:
Hi you lovely guys?
Is there any method to read desctop icons in listview using NVDA.

If you open Desktop in File Explorer you can set the view to whatever you wish.  The only difference between Desktop and all other folders is that it has one special presentation, which is on the desktop itself.  But you can view it in File Explorer (and I very often do) and I use details view.

      ~ Brian Vogel