From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Geoffroy
Sent: Thursday, February 7, 2019 7:30 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Reading parts of the cursor's line

Hi, everyone,

This is one first question: is there any way to read the current line before the cursor and after the cursor as well?

I'm discovering NVDA with enjoyment!

Thanks a lot,

Robert

Robert Geoffroy

No problem to read the current line. I often just need reading the line before and/or after the cursor. For instance, with Jaws, insert+7 enable to read the line before the cursor and insert+9 the line after the cursor ! I'd like to do the same with NVDA.

Thanks,

Robert

Try pressing NVDA plus L. NVDA will read the current line. Press NVDA plus down arrow. NVDA will read the next line.
Hope this helps.

Molly

On 2019-02-07 4:12 PM, Robert Geoffroy wrote:
No problem to read the current line. I often just need reading the line before and/or after the cursor. For instance, with Jaws, insert+7 enable to read the line before the cursor and insert+9 the line after the cursor ! I'd like to do the same with NVDA.

Thanks,

Robert

Try pressing NVDA plus L. NVDA will read the current line. Press NVDA plus down arrow. NVDA will read the next line.
Hope this helps.

Molly

This is one first question: is there any way to read the current line before the cursor and after the cursor as well?

I'm discovering NVDA with enjoyment!

Thanks a lot,

Robert

molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...>

Sorry.
Use NVDA plus up arrow. Then NVDA plus down arrow.

This is one first question: is there any way to read the current line before the cursor and after the cursor as well?

I'm discovering NVDA with enjoyment!

Thanks a lot,

Robert

molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...>

Hey guys.
My apologies. I'm so used to laptops that I forget desktop machines still exist. From what I gather, the NVDA commands are different in desktop layout.

On 2019-02-07 4:12 PM, Robert Geoffroy wrote:
No problem to read the current line. I often just need reading the line before and/or after the cursor. For instance, with Jaws, insert+7 enable to read the line before the cursor and insert+9 the line after the cursor ! I'd like to do the same with NVDA.

Thanks,

Robert

This is one first question: is there any way to read the current line before the cursor and after the cursor as well?

I'm discovering NVDA with enjoyment!

Thanks a lot,

Robert

Gene

NVDA up arrow reads the current line.  NVDA down arrow is the read to end command, which reads from your current position to the end of the document.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2019 8:24 AM

Sorry.
Use NVDA plus up arrow. Then NVDA plus down arrow.

This is one first question: is there any way to read the current line before the cursor and after the cursor as well?

I'm discovering NVDA with enjoyment!

Thanks a lot,

Robert

Tyler Spivey

Then you want my addon.
It's not on the addon site, but should do what you want.

https://github.com/tspivey/partialLines/releases/download/v0.1/partialLines-0.1.nvda-addon

Hey guys.

On 2019-02-07 4:12 PM, Robert Geoffroy wrote:
No problem to read the current line. I often just need reading the line before and/or after the cursor. For instance, with Jaws, insert+7 enable to read the line before the cursor and insert+9 the line after the cursor ! I'd like to do the same with NVDA.

Thanks,

Robert

This is one first question: is there any way to read the current line before the cursor and after the cursor as well?

I'm discovering NVDA with enjoyment!

Thanks a lot,

Robert

Robert Geoffroy

Yes, and it's not what I ask for! With Jaws, insert+7 enable you to read the line before the cursor and insert+9 to read the same line but just after the cursor. Does NVDA enable to do the same?

I need this when working documents with MsWord.

Thanks,

Robert

NVDA up arrow reads the current line. NVDA down arrow is the read to end command, which reads from your current position to the end of the document.

Use NVDA plus up arrow. Then NVDA plus down arrow.

This is one first question: is there any way to read the current line before the cursor and after the cursor as well?

I'm discovering NVDA with enjoyment!

Thanks a lot,

Robert

Steve Nutt

I thought NVDA+Down was read all.

All the best

Steve

De : nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] De la part de
Steve Nutt Envoyé : jeudi 7 février 2019 16:19 À : nvda@nvda.groups.io

I thought NVDA+Down was read all.

All the best

Steve

Try pressing NVDA plus L. NVDA will read the current line. Press NVDA plus down arrow. NVDA will read the next line.
Hope this helps.

Molly

This is one first question: is there any way to read the current line before the cursor and after the cursor as well?

I'm discovering NVDA with enjoyment!

Thanks a lot,

Robert

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I never find any need for it but I guess if somebody does then, to them its silly not having it.That is why the scripting of add ons was created Suppose, but its a bit complex for me.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-