Topics

Reddit with NVDA

Hi,
Someone knows where I can find tutorials about using Reddit with NVDA? I'm trying to get started on this but am really having a hard time finding things out on my own.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Luke Davis

I can't help with Reddit directly, but I will point out that the BrowserNav add-on might be quite useful to you when dealing with comment threads there.

Luke

Luke,
Thanks for the tip. I guess I have this add-on, but I'll check anyway.

*I just checked*
Is 1.1 the latest version for this add-on?

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Hope Williamson

I use Reddit with NVDA all the time and don't need an add-on for it. I use the old version of Reddit though, so maybe this is why.

Hope,
I use the old version of Reddit though, so maybe this is why.
I guess I switched to this version as well. But just to be on the safe side and know that I did it right how is it done?

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Hope Williamson

You need to go to old.reddit.com every time you want to use this. There are scripts and extensions for various browsers that will do this automatically for you, depending on which browser you use. I personally have this user script installed: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/40897-old-reddit-please you’ll need an extension like greasemonkey to install these kind of scripts. There’s also this extension for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/old-reddit-redirect/

Hope,
Thanks for this! Downloaded the extension :)

I would love to play a bit with Greasemonkey but I don't know much of what it's about.
If you have the patience to explain a little bit of it so that I can get started, I'd love it.
As this is offtopic for the list we could move it to the chat subgroup or even to private if you want.
Of course I don't want to bug you, so if you aren't in the mood for it I'll perfectly understand :)

Thanks again!