Hello friends!

Application Dictionary
Informations
• Authors: Ricardo M. Leonarczyk and Rui Fontes
• Version: 1.3
• Download stable version
• Compatibility: NVDA: 2019.1 to 2020.1

Usage

This simple add-on makes possible to create application-specific dictionaries for NVDA.
To use the add-on, just go to the application for wich you want a dictionary for, and press NVDA+shift+p. The normal NVDA dictionary dialog will open for you to add entries valid only for the active application (the application name should appear in the dialog title). The default add-on shortcut can be changed through NVDA's input gestures dialog: under configuration node, expand the node that says "Shows the application-specific dictionary dialog".
Command

"NVDA+Shift+p": Shows the application-specific dictionary dialog

Rui Fontes and Ricardo M. Leonarczyk

Sarah k Alawami

Wo! Can this be looked into for adding into nvda's core? That I thik woudl be very handy, and would be better than other solutions out there now.

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 29 Apr 2020, at 12:27, Rui Fontes wrote:

Hello friends!

Application Dictionary
Informations

Usage

This simple add-on makes possible to create application-specific dictionaries for NVDA.
To use the add-on, just go to the application for wich you want a dictionary for, and press NVDA+shift+p. The normal NVDA dictionary dialog will open for you to add entries valid only for the active application (the application name should appear in the dialog title). The default add-on shortcut can be changed through NVDA's input gestures dialog: under configuration node, expand the node that says "Shows the application-specific dictionary dialog".
Command

Hi,

There were discussions on GitHub about it and there was a talk about producing a pull request for inclusion in NVDA. At the moment NVDA developers are focusing on pull request backlog.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 2:58 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Release of add-on applicationDictionary

Wo! Can this be looked into for adding into nvda's core? That I thik woudl be very handy, and would be better than other solutions out there now.

Take care

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Hello friends!

Application Dictionary
Informations

Usage

Command

Adriani Botez

There is pullrequest #11005

Best
Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 30.04.2020 um 00:00 schrieb Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>:

Hi,

There were discussions on GitHub about it and there was a talk about producing a pull request for inclusion in NVDA. At the moment NVDA developers are focusing on pull request backlog.

Cheers,

Joseph

Take care

Hello friends!

Application Dictionary
Informations

Usage

Command

Rui Fontes

Sorry Joseph and Adriani, but you are wrong...

#11005 is:

Add profile specific speech dictionaries

This one is for application specific dictionary...

Can be the same thing in some cases, but also can be different...

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 23:06 de 29/04/2020, Adriani Botez escreveu:

Best
Adriani

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Take care

Hello friends!

Application Dictionary
Informations

Usage

Command

Hi,

The most prominent time the two concepts will be the same is if an app-specific configuration profile is active. At other times, these concepts are different.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rui Fontes
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 3:31 PM

#11005 is:

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Best

Adriani

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Take care

Hello friends!

Application Dictionary
Informations

Usage

Command

Sarah k Alawami

Nice to know. Let's hope one day this can get worked on. I'm in no rush at all. I can wait.

Take care all and have a happy Friday. I might grab the add on to keep in case I need it.

On 29 Apr 2020, at 15:00, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Take care

Hello friends!

Application Dictionary
Informations

Usage

Command

Adriani Botez

Where is the difference in practice for the enduser? Having this in profiles is even more confortable because you don‘t need additional dialogs or interfaces.

Am 30.04.2020 um 00:35 schrieb Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>:

Hi,

The most prominent time the two concepts will be the same is if an app-specific configuration profile is active. At other times, these concepts are different.

Cheers,

Joseph

#11005 is:

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Best

Adriani

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Take care

Hello friends!

Application Dictionary
Informations

Usage

Command

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Excellent, one of my most used addons by the way.

Thank you

Sent: Mittwoch, 29. April 2020 21:27
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io; nvda-translations@groups.io; nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Release of add-on applicationDictionary

Hello friends!

Application Dictionary
Informations

Usage

Command

Akshaya Choudhary

Can someone give me an example of the usage of this add-on?  Would help me understandd it better.

Regards
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Ralf Kefferpuetz

It gives you a speech dictionary for each application you’re running. As an example you have the speech output “Mark has joined the meeting” within Zoom. I want to replace it to “Mark joined”, but only in Zoom and not in other apps. So when you are in Zoom press shift-NVDA-P and enter the dictionary entry for the Zoom app only.

Cheers,

Ralf

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Akshaya Choudhary
Sent: Donnerstag, 30. April 2020 09:10

Can someone give me an example of the usage of this add-on?  Would help me understandd it better.

Regards
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Rui Fontes

By instance, you want to use a program who's menus are not translated to your language...

You can use the app dictionary to that, without affecting any other app...

Rui Fontes

Às 08:09 de 30/04/2020, Akshaya Choudhary escreveu:

Regards
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Rui Fontes

Maybe not...

By instance, I have a profile for all mail programs... If I put something in a specific dictionary for that profileit will be applied to all mail programs and that can be undesirable....

Rui Fontes

Às 05:27 de 30/04/2020, Adriani Botez escreveu:

Where is the difference in practice for the enduser? Having this in profiles is even more confortable because you don‘t need additional dialogs or interfaces.

Am 30.04.2020 um 00:35 schrieb Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>:

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

#11005 is:

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Best

Adriani

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Take care

Hello friends!

Application Dictionary
Informations

Usage

Command

James Scholes

Looks good. I think it would be helpful, and relatively easy, to add an "Application dictionary" option within the NVDA menu, within Settings -> Speech dictionaries. The gesture is fine, but requires people to read the docs before they can use it. Rather than it just showing up where they expect it to.

Regards,

James Scholes

On 29/04/2020 at 2:27 pm, Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello friends!
Application Dictionary
Informations
• Download stable version <https://github.com/ruifontes/applicationDictionary-/releases/download/1.3/applicationDictionary-1.3.nvda-addon>
Usage
Command

Sarah k Alawami

Hey, just a minor correction in one of your statements. I like the idea of the add on and will give it a glance later, however, ruee, you said "By instance." what you mean is "for instance" as in "for example."

hope that helps for next time.

Take care

On 30 Apr 2020, at 3:32, Rui Fontes wrote:

By instance

Rui Fontes

Thanks! English is not my first language...

Rui Fontes

Às 16:51 de 30/04/2020, Sarah k Alawami escreveu:

Hey, just a minor correction in one of your statements. I like the idea of the add on and will give it a glance later, however, ruee, you said "By instance." what you mean is "for instance" as in "for example."

Take care

By instance

Sarah k Alawami

Hey, any time, except at 3 am when I'm asleep of corse. Now, go enjoy that add on. Hopefully one day, it can be added to the core of NVDA, that would be nice as already stated somewhere in this thread.

Blessings and happy Thursday

On 30 Apr 2020, at 9:07, Rui Fontes wrote:

Thanks! English is not my first language...

Rui Fontes

Às 16:51 de 30/04/2020, Sarah k Alawami escreveu:

Take care

By instance

Rui Fontes

Hi James!

First, can we consider this as a basic review?

Second, in my NVDA, appears a option "Application dictionary" in NVDA, Settings, Dictionary...

Do not appear on yours?

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 15:39 de 30/04/2020, James Scholes escreveu:

Looks good.  I think it would be helpful, and relatively easy, to add an "Application dictionary" option within the NVDA menu, within Settings -> Speech dictionaries.  The gesture is fine, but requires people to read the docs before they can use it.  Rather than it just showing up where they expect it to.

Regards,

James Scholes

Hello friends!

Application Dictionary
Informations
• Download stable version <https://github.com/ruifontes/applicationDictionary-/releases/download/1.3/applicationDictionary-1.3.nvda-addon>

Usage

Command

Hi,
Can we move add-on review discussion to actual add-ons mailing list? Thanks.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2020 12:44 PM

Hi James!

First, can we consider this as a basic review?

Second, in my NVDA, appears a option "Application dictionary" in NVDA, Settings, Dictionary...

Do not appear on yours?

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 15:39 de 30/04/2020, James Scholes escreveu:
Looks good. I think it would be helpful, and relatively easy, to add
an "Application dictionary" option within the NVDA menu, within
Settings -> Speech dictionaries. The gesture is fine, but requires
people to read the docs before they can use it. Rather than it just
showing up where they expect it to.

Regards,

James Scholes

Hello friends!

Application Dictionary
Informations
• Authors: Ricardo M. Leonarczyk and Rui Fontes • Version: 1.3 •
Download stable version
<https://github.com/ruifontes/applicationDictionary-/releases/downloa
d/1.3/applicationDictionary-1.3.nvda-addon>

Usage

This simple add-on makes possible to create application-specific
dictionaries for NVDA.
To use the add-on, just go to the application for wich you want a
dictionary for, and press NVDA+shift+p. The normal NVDA dictionary
dialog will open for you to add entries valid only for the active
application (the application name should appear in the dialog title).
The default add-on shortcut can be changed through NVDA's input
gestures dialog: under configuration node, expand the node that says
"Shows the application-specific dictionary dialog".
Command

Akshaya Choudhary

@Ralf and @Rui, thank you both of you for yoour explanations. It is a very useful app!
--
Regards,
Sociohack