Topics

Remotely controlling a computer with zoom while using NVDA

mohammad suliman

Hello all,
Hope all are doing well!

I have some question regarding zoom and NVDA: I am interested to remotely control a computer with zoom, but I have a problem doing so because to do this, I need to click with the mouse in the shared screen area of the person I want to control his / her machine. So I am wondering if there is a way to do this with NVDA accessibly? Has anyone done this successfully?

Any tip will be appreciated!
thank you!
Mohammad

Hello Mohammad.
You can use the NVDA cursor to access the share screen button.
But you need to have a fully keyboard to be able to use the NVDA cursor.
I hope that’s helpful to you.

Best.
(Hasan Tayem)
Mobile: +962788266670

Gene

I know there is a share video and a share audio and I believe it may allow someone to see and perhaps do things with a remote computer, I'm not sure. But my impression is that this is purely visual. Once when a sighted friend and I were expeerimenting with share audio, he told me he could see my Winamp interface. He didn't try to do anything with it and when he shared something, though I didn't specifically try, I doubt I could see his interface in a way accessible to a screen-reader.

I have some question regarding zoom and NVDA: I am interested to remotely control a computer with zoom, but I have a problem doing so because to do this, I need to click with the mouse in the shared screen area of the person I want to control his / her machine. So I am wondering if there is a way to do this with NVDA accessibly? Has anyone done this successfully?

Any tip will be appreciated!
thank you!
Mohammad

Luke Robinett

I know in other remote desktop situations, the remote machine needs to be running the screen reader in order for it to work, and the person needs to make sure they're sharing with audio. Might be interesting to have your friend load Windows Narrator then share their screen with you with PC audio enabled. I wonder if it would respond to your keyboard gestures.