Charlotte

Jacob Kruger

Charlotte, using the mozilla NVDA add-on, this is quite easy - NVDA key + H while in message list brings up the dialogue to reorder columns.

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/mozillaScripts.en.html

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2021-01-16 09:50 PM, Charlotte wrote:
Hello everyone. I just got a new laptop and my columns in Thunderbird are wonky again. The subject is first. Wondering how to reorder them so it is from, date, subject, in that order. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Charlotte

Sam Taylor

Unfortunately this doesn't appear to work with newer Thunderbird versions. The key definition is still assigned but the action no longer works.

This is also the case with the latest compiled addon from GitHub.

On 2021-01-16 09:50 PM, Charlotte wrote:
Hello everyone. I just got a new laptop and my columns in Thunderbird are wonky again. The subject is first. Wondering how to reorder them so it is from, date, subject, in that order. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Charlotte

Jacob Kruger

I just tested it in a portable version of Thunderbird 78.6, as well as here in Thunderbird 60.0, and, both worked fine?

But, don't have newer versions of thunderbird installed directly, so, yes, could cause hassles there?

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2021-01-16 09:50 PM, Charlotte wrote:
Hello everyone. I just got a new laptop and my columns in Thunderbird are wonky again. The subject is first. Wondering how to reorder them so it is from, date, subject, in that order. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Charlotte

Ralf Kefferpuetz

I’m using TB 78.6.1, NVDA 2020.3 and it works as disigned, The only problem I found at my end was the overlapping hotkey NVDA-H which was already used by the addon screen wrapping.

Best, Ralf

On 2021-01-16 09:50 PM, Charlotte wrote:

Hello everyone. I just got a new laptop and my columns in Thunderbird are wonky again. The subject is first. Wondering how to reorder them so it is from, date, subject, in that order. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Charlotte

Gene

You may be using a version of the add-on that is too old. If so, you will get a message saying something like, not in a message list. If you are experiencing another problem, I'm not sure what the cause might be.