Topics

Resetting NVDA's keystrokes

Hi,
Today I realised that quite a while ago I had changed an NVDA keystroke regarding mouse clicks.
Now, as I got used to the laptop layout I would like to have it as this was by default.
Is there a way of doing it?
If not, could anyone please send me the default keymap file (if NVDA has one)?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Luke Davis

What is the name of the key you are looking for?
We can just tell you what it's supposed to be.

But that said, you already have "the default keymap file", or as close to it as you can probably get. Press NVDA+n, then h (opens the help menu), then q (opens the commands quick reference).

Luke

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019, Marcio via Groups.Io wrote:

Today I realised that quite a while ago I had changed an NVDA keystroke regarding mouse clicks.
Now, as I got used to the laptop layout I would like to have it as this was by default.
Is there a way of doing it?
If not, could anyone please send me the default keymap file (if NVDA has one)?

Andre Fisher

Hi.

If you configured some NVDA shortcuts, go to the user directory, then look for gestures.ini. You can delete that file.

Luke,
We can just tell you what it's supposed to be.
I'm afraid this won't do much good. I mean, I don't know but it probably won't.
The key is the right mouse click. And I don't have the option to perform the default command myself, I thought about it before asking here :)
I'd need to have a numpad.

Anyway, thanks :)

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Andre,
Thanks. I will try it.

Now that I thought about it better, I may lose the keys assigned to trigger add-ons needing such thing, but then I have no choice, it's that or nothing at all.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Ron Kolesar

Hello Luke, from Ron Kolesar
I'd like to change the key stroke for current time and date from NVDA f12 to CTRL t.
How can I do this?
Please give step by step instructions.
Also, is there a way to back up both key short cut settings and the NVDA pronunciation address book as well?
Many Thanks.
Ron Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM Davis

What is the name of the key you are looking for?
We can just tell you what it's supposed to be.

But that said, you already have "the default keymap file", or as close to it as
you can probably get. Press NVDA+n, then h (opens the help menu), then q (opens
the commands quick reference).

Luke

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019, Marcio via Groups.Io wrote:

Today I realised that quite a while ago I had changed an NVDA keystroke regarding mouse clicks.
Now, as I got used to the laptop layout I would like to have it as this was by default.
Is there a way of doing it?
If not, could anyone please send me the default keymap file (if NVDA has one)?

In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,
From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
Pennsylvania West County Emergency Com-Tree Manager

Gene

If you change commands, it is important to consider possible dconflicts with keys you already use.  In browsers, control t is a standard command for opening a new tab.  I don't know if control t is used in any other programs you use.

If you never use control t for anything, that's fine for now, but I would think control shift t would be a better choice.  Control and letter keys may be used by various programs for different purposes.  A combination like control shift t is far less likely to be used.

Gene.

What is the name of the key you are looking for?
We can just tell you what it's supposed to be.

But that said, you already have "the default keymap file", or as close to it
as
you can probably get. Press NVDA+n, then h (opens the help menu), then q
(opens
the commands quick reference).

Luke

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019, Marcio via Groups.Io wrote:

> Today I realised that quite a while ago I had changed an NVDA keystroke
> regarding mouse clicks.
> Now, as I got used to the laptop layout I would like to have it as this
> was by default.
> Is there a way of doing it?
> If not, could anyone please send me the default keymap file (if NVDA has
> one)?

Best Whishes,
From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
Pennsylvania West County Emergency Com-Tree Manager

Sarah k Alawami

Or even control windows alt shift to to ake sure that the key stroke is most likely never taken.

Take care

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 8 Jun 2019, at 11:36, Gene wrote:

If you change commands, it is important to consider possible dconflicts with keys you already use.  In browsers, control t is a standard command for opening a new tab.  I don't know if control t is used in any other programs you use.

If you never use control t for anything, that's fine for now, but I would think control shift t would be a better choice.  Control and letter keys may be used by various programs for different purposes.  A combination like control shift t is far less likely to be used.

Gene.

What is the name of the key you are looking for?
We can just tell you what it's supposed to be.

But that said, you already have "the default keymap file", or as close to it
as
you can probably get. Press NVDA+n, then h (opens the help menu), then q
(opens
the commands quick reference).

Luke

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019, Marcio via Groups.Io wrote:

> Today I realised that quite a while ago I had changed an NVDA keystroke
> regarding mouse clicks.
> Now, as I got used to the laptop layout I would like to have it as this
> was by default.
> Is there a way of doing it?
> If not, could anyone please send me the default keymap file (if NVDA has
> one)?

Best Whishes,
From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
Pennsylvania West County Emergency Com-Tree Manager