Topics

Resource Monitor 20.11 localization update, November 13th development snapshot #addonrelease

Hi all,

Resource Monitor 20.11 is now available. This version includes localization updates. As always, you can check for the new version through Add-on Updater or visiting NVDA community add-ons website.

Also, for our adventurous users, November 13th development snapshot of Resource Monitor is also available (you must tell Add-on Updater to check for development releases). This snapshot includes a preview of what’s coming in version 21.01 (January 2021), including:

  • Windows version messages: the words “Windows version” are no longer announced (NVDA+Shift+6).
  • Windows build.revision: if you are using Windows 10, you will notice that NVDA will announce build.revision (such as 19042.630). This announcement is now available for Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2 users as well. I will not make it available for Windows 7 and 8 because they are no longer supported by Microsoft (for consumers), and I’ll not be accepting any suggestions or pull requests regarding it.
  • Internal changes to prepare for future NVDA releases (too early to talk about specifics).

As always, feedback is appreciated.

Cheers,

Joseph