From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: November 27, 2021 6:38 AM
To: NVDA <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] saying column headings

Using Win10 and Google Chrome with NVDA, when I go down through a table on a website, the column heading is announced each time I move to a new cell. I know there is a setting in NVDA to stop these heading announcements. Would someone please remind me how to get to that setting and turn it off?

Thank you very much.

Howard

Gene

You can open settings in the NVDA menu and down arrow to document presentation and then tab through settings.  You can also use the short cut NVDA control d, which opens the same thing, document pressentation and tab.

Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2021 6:37 AM
To: NVDA

Using Win10 and Google Chrome with NVDA, when I go down through a table
on a website, the column heading is announced each time I move to a new
cell.  I know there is a setting in NVDA to stop these heading
announcements.  Would someone please remind me how to get to that
setting and turn it off?

Thank you very much.

Howard

Gene

I meant to say document formatting.

Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2021 6:47 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] saying column headings

Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2021 6:37 AM
To: NVDA

Using Win10 and Google Chrome with NVDA, when I go down through a table
on a website, the column heading is announced each time I move to a new
cell.  I know there is a setting in NVDA to stop these heading
announcements.  Would someone please remind me how to get to that
setting and turn it off?

Thank you very much.

Howard

Howard Traxler

Thank you Monte, a quick solution.  There are so many menus to traverse in NVDA, I'm sure it would have taken much time to find this one.

Howard

On 11/27/2021 6:43 AM, Monte Single wrote:
Hi Howard,
Open the nvda menu and choose settings, go down to "document formatting" Tab through the choices, there are a lot, and select the ones you do or no not want. Taqb through and choose ok.

Using Win10 and Google Chrome with NVDA, when I go down through a table on a website, the column heading is announced each time I move to a new cell. I know there is a setting in NVDA to stop these heading announcements. Would someone please remind me how to get to that setting and turn it off?

Thank you very much.

Howard

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Howard,

Go to the document settings and find the table group , it's quite a long way down the list of items. You can turn off the reading of row and column headings and leave the other table settings on by leaving the Table tag checked.

All the best,

Cearbhall