Topics

SELECT ALL OCR TEXT IN PDF

Heaven Botma <ehlbotma@...>

Dear Group

I recently downloaded the OCR add-on and tried to use it on a PDF
file. It works well, but it only selects one letter when I press
NVDA+F9 and it only copies one letter at a time. How does one select
the whole document when the OCR is complete?

Could you also, perhaps, send me a list of shortcuts for the OCR or a
place where I can find them.

Please note that I use the newest Adobe Reader.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Heaven Botma

P. Otter

hi,
it is a difficult way to do that,
it is better to get a version of abbyy finereader.
that programm can do that for you in the most easy way.
a right click on the pdf you want to make it readable and make the choice for abbyy finereader.
there you can make the choice to create a readable pdf.
no difference if it is a smal or a big pdf.
that is the way i do it.
cheers
paul otter

I recently downloaded the OCR add-on and tried to use it on a PDF
file. It works well, but it only selects one letter when I press
NVDA+F9 and it only copies one letter at a time. How does one select
the whole document when the OCR is complete?

Could you also, perhaps, send me a list of shortcuts for the OCR or a
place where I can find them.

Please note that I use the newest Adobe Reader.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Heaven Botma

Aravind R

its nothing but review cursor.
after OCR, u are at beginning of converted text.
press insert+f9 to start selection.
press num pad plus to do say all as well as select.
then press insert+f10 to select those text.
check help document available in NVDA itself.

On 3/17/16, P. Otter <pam.otter@...> wrote:
[...]

r. aravind,

Assistant manager
Department of sales
mobile no: +91 9940369593, 9710945613.
email id : aravind_069@..., aravind.andhrabank@....

Heaven Botma <ehlbotma@...>

Thank you. I
I'll try that

On 3/17/16, Aravind R <aravind.andhrabank@...> wrote:
[...]

Is there perhaps a free OCR programme that I can download. Abby Fine
Reader is too expensive for me to buy and the trial version only
allows for 100 pages. My document is 240 pages. The NVDA OCR add on
only does one page at a time which is time consuming.

Regards

Heaven

On 3/17/16, Heaven Botma <ehlbotma@...> wrote:
[...]

Jacob Kruger

PDF2TXT, from empowerment zone:
http://www.empowermentzone.com/p2tsetup.exe

It has both normal text mode, and image mode which then processes each scanned page using OCR.

Takes a bit of time, and depending on quality of scanned images, output quality can vary, but, free, and simple.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

I recently downloaded the OCR add-on and tried to use it on a PDF
file. It works well, but it only selects one letter when I press
NVDA+F9 and it only copies one letter at a time. How does one select
the whole document when the OCR is complete?

Could you also, perhaps, send me a list of shortcuts for the OCR or a
place where I can find them.

Please note that I use the newest Adobe Reader.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Heaven Botma

r. aravind,

Assistant manager
Department of sales
mobile no: +91 9940369593, 9710945613.
email id : aravind_069@..., aravind.andhrabank@....

Robert Mendoza

Thanks-it was very useful and great tool to use with. But, in my case some of my pdf files we're protected and conversion was failed because it has this security or password was created. Typically the conversion is could only done with the regular pdf file only. So, poor to me :(

Robert Mendoza

On 3/18/2016 3:16 PM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
[...]

You can enter password in pdf2txt, or remove password protection first.

However, yes, it's not top of the line OCR, but, have been using it for a few years already, while occasionally, might use some online services for certain files.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

I recently downloaded the OCR add-on and tried to use it on a PDF
file. It works well, but it only selects one letter when I press
NVDA+F9 and it only copies one letter at a time. How does one
select
the whole document when the OCR is complete?

Could you also, perhaps, send me a list of shortcuts for the OCR
or a
place where I can find them.

Please note that I use the newest Adobe Reader.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Heaven Botma

r. aravind,

Assistant manager
Department of sales
mobile no: +91 9940369593, 9710945613.
email id : aravind_069@..., aravind.andhrabank@....

Robert Mendoza

Hello Jacob,

Great and it works perfectly! Thanks again it means a lot to read my pdf file for now with an ease as expected.

Robert Mendoza

On 3/18/2016 4:06 PM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
[...]

Roger Stewart

I like pdf 2 txt. It's free from Empowerment Zone.

Roger