sending a file through NVDA remote

Glenn / Lenny

Hi,
I have successfully pushed my clipboard to someone's computer that I was controlling via NVDA remote, but now I want to send a file.
I went into remote and copied the link and send, and I don't know if it went, or if it did, where it went to on the other computer.
Thanks.

Glenn

Chris Mullins

Hi

You can’t send files via NVDA remote, you can only push/pull  text between connected machines.

Cheers

Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I have successfully pushed my clipboard to someone's computer that I was controlling via NVDA remote, but now I want to send a file.

I went into remote and copied the link and send, and I don't know if it went, or if it did, where it went to on the other computer.

Thanks.

Glenn

Sarah k Alawami

You cannot send a file through remote. This last time we discussed this a few months ago.

I have successfully pushed my clipboard to someone's computer that I was controlling via NVDA remote, but now I want to send a file.

I went into remote and copied the link and send, and I don't know if it went, or if it did, where it went to on the other computer.

Thanks.

Glenn

A.Mac

what do you mean about files?

--
Thanks for your time in advance.
😎

Gene

I haven’t used remote connection but this appears to mean that you can exchange text, written material, but not files.  You can exchange text, but not a file containing text.

I have successfully pushed my clipboard to someone's computer that I was controlling via NVDA remote, but now I want to send a file.

I went into remote and copied the link and send, and I don't know if it went, or if it did, where it went to on the other computer.

Thanks.

Glenn

--
Thanks for your time in advance.
😎
Later
A.Mac
[all out going mail is scanned by Avira]

Chris Mullins

Hi

If you look at the message I was responding to,  you will see that someone was trying to move a file between machines via the clipboard and NVDA Remote.  You can use the clipboard to move files around on your local machine but the “Push text” feature of NVDA Remote is just for text not file links.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Cheers

Chris

I have successfully pushed my clipboard to someone's computer that I was controlling via NVDA remote, but now I want to send a file.

I went into remote and copied the link and send, and I don't know if it went, or if it did, where it went to on the other computer.

Thanks.

Glenn

--
Thanks for your time in advance.
😎
Later
A.Mac
[all out going mail is scanned by Avira]

Sarah k Alawami

Files, as in, text files, or an mp3 or png file, so only text and not files can be pushed through nvda remote.

I have successfully pushed my clipboard to someone's computer that I was controlling via NVDA remote, but now I want to send a file.

I went into remote and copied the link and send, and I don't know if it went, or if it did, where it went to on the other computer.

Thanks.

Glenn

--
Thanks for your time in advance.
😎
Later
A.Mac
[all out going mail is scanned by Avira]

Richard Wells

You could certainly push a link from Dropbox or other file transfer services. That is how I do it.

On 7/11/2021 3:58 AM, Gene wrote:
I haven’t used remote connection but this appears to mean that you can exchange text, written material, but not files.  You can exchange text, but not a file containing text.

I have successfully pushed my clipboard to someone's computer that I was controlling via NVDA remote, but now I want to send a file.

I went into remote and copied the link and send, and I don't know if it went, or if it did, where it went to on the other computer.

Thanks.

Glenn

--
Thanks for your time in advance.
😎
Later
A.Mac
[all out going mail is scanned by Avira]

anthony borg

Hi

Can you please explain more fully how to send a file through a NVDA remote?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Files, as in, text files, or an mp3 or png file, so only text and not files can be pushed through nvda remote.

I have successfully pushed my clipboard to someone's computer that I was controlling via NVDA remote, but now I want to send a file.

I went into remote and copied the link and send, and I don't know if it went, or if it did, where it went to on the other computer.

Thanks.

Glenn

--
Thanks for your time in advance.
😎
Later
A.Mac
[all out going mail is scanned by Avira]

Michael Micallef at FITA

Hi tony,

Nvda remote cannot send files from one pc to another better option is to install dropbox and it is free for further details visit

www.dropbox.com

Files, as in, text files, or an mp3 or png file, so only text and not files can be pushed through nvda remote.

I have successfully pushed my clipboard to someone's computer that I was controlling via NVDA remote, but now I want to send a file.

I went into remote and copied the link and send, and I don't know if it went, or if it did, where it went to on the other computer.

Thanks.

Glenn

--
Thanks for your time in advance.
😎
Later
A.Mac
[all out going mail is scanned by Avira]

Sarah k Alawami

You cannot send a file through nvda remote, just clipboard text. See the group archives for more info.