Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2021 3:52 PM
Subject: [nvda] Sending New Email in Desktop Outlook 2019: How to select correct email address when contact has multiple[le addresses?

When sending a new email In desktop Outlook 2019, I want to select the correct email from a list associated with a contact.  When I type or dictate the name of the contact, a list of their email addresses appears.  I can use the arrow keys to navigate up and down in that list  but NVDA does not speak the contents of the list which is the email addresses. I know that once the correct email  address is selected, I can hit Return and that address will be entered in TO:.   If I use the mouse to move up and down in the list, one of the addresses gets entered in the TO field but it may not be the one I want.  NVDA reports that this is a form but I don't know how to react to that.
How can I get NVDA to read out the email addresses in the list?
I searched the forum but could not find an answer.
Thanks for your help.

NVDA 2020.4
Windows 10  Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
MS Office 2019

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

I am sure I have seen a reference to this same problem on another list except they were using the latest version of jaws. That was only a couple of days ago. Could be a windows bug that creep in.

Gene nz

On 14/05/2021 8:52 am, Milton Charlton wrote:
[...]

There was a bug that crept in to Outlook 365 the day before yesterday that caused all sorts of "odd errors" and it wasn't consistent as far as who was hit with what on their individual machines.

It's the perfect example of the rare actual bug where even the actual issues it triggers are idiosyncratic to the individual Windows/Office (probably more the latter) instances once installed.

See article:

Microsoft Outlook bug prevents viewing or creating email worldwide

patches are supposed to have been rolling out already, but like all updates, they'll be released in waves and telemetry monitored to make sure they aren't causing other issues, since there's no way that Microsoft or any other software maker can have a testing setup for every possible hardware configuration that exists "in the wild."

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

To be honest I have had issues like this where unrelated bugs appear that at first look serious enough for all kinds of drastic action.

But end up being something completely stupid, and yes while the problems are potentially dangerous, the fix is easy enough.

I had to fix a system for someone in the family who had a lot of problems.

It had a firewall but kept getting corrupted drivers, messages about spyware and viruses, stuff corrupting for no reason, crashes, user account corruption, almost looking like the system needed a good reformat.

Either that or data was being interupted during well things.

The system had just been serviced and the user in question didn't go to any really dodgy sites though they had done stupid things before.

As soon as I got the system I reinstalled sound drivers, and recreated the user account.

As part of this I connected this to my network via hard wire.

With some experimentation, I connected via wireless.

Less than a minute after doing that a lot of errors warnings and the like appeared.

I decided to research the wireless card, as it may need driver or firmware updates only to find that it was a ralink card and ralink was under a different name due to bankruptsy.

The company that got it didn't want its hardware so it was all discontinued for 5 or so years.

The solution was easy enough.

It cost me 70 bucks to buy a d link wireless card.

Not only has the system not had any issue but performance has improved and while I never traced it it with speedtest it was probablly losing or dropping packets majorly or something, thats my theory.

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 07:59 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
To be honest I have had issues like this where unrelated bugs appear that at first look serious enough for all kinds of drastic action.
-
Shaun,

These non sequitur responses have GOT TO STOP!

Your response has nothing to do with the OP's question/issue nor with the reference material I posted that may (not does, but may) explain it due to the timing.

This is getting really, really old.  And I am speaking as moderator here.  We've gone through exactly this cycle elsewhere, and I want to nip it in the bud here.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon