Topics

Sharing Miranda NG packs

I'm sharing the page for Miranda NG Packs. This page doesn't have the blind centric pack, but the Sebijk Edition says it's accessible to blind people. I'm still using the blind version of Miranda NG I got years ago, from Andre Louis, or whatever his name is.

If I knew how, I'd love to make a pack and share it with you all, but I can't figure out how to export everything except my various accounts. Anyway, try the below.

David Csercsics

Might be worth using for IRC, or similar, I'll have to look at this, thanks.

mk360

What is the Miranda NG accessible pack, or what it changes? The question is because when I install the program, if I choose full install, I can choose between different contact lists for the contact lists, if I remember correctly modern, clasic and contact list for blind folks.

Is that the change? or the Miranda NG that you're speaking has other changes?

Regards,

mk.

El 02/05/2020 a las 13:09, Robert Kingett escribió:

I'm sharing the page for Miranda NG Packs. This page doesn't have the blind centric pack, but the Sebijk Edition says it's accessible to blind people. I'm still using the blind version of Miranda NG I got years ago, from Andre Louis, or whatever his name is.

If I knew how, I'd love to make a pack and share it with you all, but I can't figure out how to export everything except my various accounts. Anyway, try the below.

The accessible pack for blind folks I downloaded years ago and have since upgraded, changes a lot of things that make managing windows easier for screen reader folks and a bunch of other stuff, such as the ability to alt tab to your contact list, the ability to alt tab to various chat windows. Disables certain settings that interfere with chat histories and otherwise, like avatars, and more, but I can't remember all the changes.

I also can't seem to find the old link to the old blind accessible version. As I said, I'd be more than willing to share my version if I knew how to expoirt the settings without exposing my various accounts.

mk360

Ok, I understand. The version that I'm using is accessible, but some things that you describe, for example ability to go to the contact list with alt tab are not present or are in some setting that I don't know how is named. However, personally I prefer the Miranda NG on the systray, but that is not the thing, and other things souns interesting to me.

Well... your version is portable or you installed it? if is portable, I think you can copy that on other folder, open the copy and remove your accounts, your history, etc etc.

El 02/05/2020 a las 14:11, Robert Kingett escribió:

The accessible pack for blind folks I downloaded years ago and have since upgraded, changes a lot of things that make managing windows easier for screen reader folks and a bunch of other stuff, such as the ability to alt tab to your contact list, the ability to alt tab to various chat windows. Disables certain settings that interfere with chat histories and otherwise, like avatars, and more, but I can't remember all the changes.

I also can't seem to find the old link to the old blind accessible version. As I said, I'd be more than willing to share my version if I knew how to expoirt the settings without exposing my various accounts.

Ali Savas

You write that you downloaded the package years ago. I'm not sure if
your package is still compatible with the latest Miranda NG version. In
the meantime a lot of changes have been made to Miranda NG, including
very big changes to the Facebook library. Also Discord support was added
some time ago.

In my opinion it would be better to inform the developers about this
issue and work together on what they could improve instead of making a
separate package, which might get further and further away from the
original Miranda NG project.

Finally, I would like to note that this topic may not fit into the list
here. Only topics concerning NVDA should be discussed here.

I'm running the version with the new Facebook plugin, Miranda NG 0.95.2. By the way, not sure why I can't copy what NVDA says to the clipboard in that about dialog box. My version is the latest version, and, as I said previously, all packages have been updated. I didn't just get the blind version and not update it, you know. LOL! But after dinner, I'll remove all my account stuff and share it somewhere. It's portable. It's not the installed version. Got it! See below.

About Miranda NG dialog Copyright © 2000-11 Miranda IM, 2012-20 Miranda NG team. This software is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Miranda NG v0.95.11 build #22551 (2e38b4587f) Copyright © 2000-11 Miranda IM, 2012-20 Miranda NG team. This software is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Vertical 0 Used to change the vertical viewing area Copyright NVDA Speech Viewer dialog
Public dialog
Show Speech Viewer on Startup check box not checked Alt+s

I have not doodled with this but I may try to experiment with miranda ng myself.

I have no need for it now but I will try to make my own blind version and see what it does.

On 3/05/2020 5:09 am, Robert Kingett wrote:

I'm sharing the page for Miranda NG Packs. This page doesn't have the blind centric pack, but the Sebijk Edition says it's accessible to blind people. I'm still using the blind version of Miranda NG I got years ago, from Andre Louis, or whatever his name is.

If I knew how, I'd love to make a pack and share it with you all, but I can't figure out how to export everything except my various accounts. Anyway, try the below.

mk360

Ok. I was experimenting for some hours and apparently all configurations can be replied in the official Miranda NG program. So, the thing is what are the best configurations to use Miranda NG with NVDA? I've for now the plugin for blind folks, Changed some parameters to has a better chat Window, for example remove the toolbar, load the history, change other things. Nut, for example, in a spanish forum someone recommends to change on the window options, verify "Tool style main window" and he says that it will put Miranda NG in the alt tab circle, but in my case that not worked.

However, for now I think I'll stop experimenting, because one change that i Did has unexpected results, and I don't know how to revert it, but if any Miranda's NVDA user has comments about its configuration can be useful.

Regards,

mk.

El 02/05/2020 a las 15:58, Robert Kingett escribió:

[...]

I have doodled with miranda a little.

To be honest though I havn't done to much.

One thing you can't install every plugin without things screwing up on you so you need to know what every plugin does.

The sebake addition seems nice however a pack is a particular load of plugins and sounds configured.

For instance, the andrelouis sounds are part of miranda im now.

You can select the contact list for blind.

The only extras are the message export and a few other protocols as well as remove personal settings and history sweeper.

As a blind person you probably only need the protocols you want.

You can aparently use discord with it if you really care to.

Though to be honest I havn

't needed to use miranda for ages and due to things I don't like about both I have stopped using discord and unigram on my system alltogether.

Bar skype for a few things due to how some stuff has gone I have basically given up on everything bar email for now anyway.