shopping at instacart

Howard Traxler

When shopping at instacart, in the past each product listing had only one button; that was a button to add it to the cart.  Today I find every line in a listing is a button.  Can no longer just navigate by button and pass up all the chatter.  The whole thing is much too chatty now.  Did I mistakenly make some change in my NVDA or did the website change.  It'll sure make shopping less fun.

Howard

Jim Pemberton

Howard, in hopes this post doesn't side track the thread beyond the scope of NVDA, but I also had difficulty using Instacart with NVDA, until I switched from doing it in Chrome, to using Edge. In general, I'm not an Edge fan, but for me, NVDA and Instacart seemed to play more nicely in that sandbox. Your milage may vary.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 8:39 AM
To: NVDA <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] shopping at instacart

When shopping at instacart, in the past each product listing had only one button; that was a button to add it to the cart. Today I find every line in a listing is a button. Can no longer just navigate by button and pass up all the chatter. The whole thing is much too chatty now. Did I mistakenly make some change in my NVDA or did the website change. It'll sure make shopping less fun.

Howard

Jim,

Yours is a perfect example of the relatively rare occasion of identifying a specific piece of software working better in conjunction with NVDA is entirely on-topic for the group.

It's another example of something of the "use with NVDA" class of information.  And it's entirely different in both form, and intent, from something like, "How do I open the settings in Edge with NVDA?," because whether or not NVDA is involved is not relevant to that question - what's being asked about is Edge and how to work with it.  The screen reader would be irrelevant, and need not even be in use.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.

~ John F. Kennedy

Hope Williamson

Well I do this with my other screen reader and everything works fine for
me. That being said, you might want to try a different browser, maybe
that will help.

On 11/16/2021 6:38 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
When shopping at instacart, in the past each product listing had only
one button; that was a button to add it to the cart.  Today I find
every line in a listing is a button.  Can no longer just navigate by
button and pass up all the chatter.  The whole thing is much too
chatty now.  Did I mistakenly make some change in my NVDA or did the
website change.  It'll sure make shopping less fun.

Howard