Topics

should win 7 users upgrade to 2019.3.1

mcLeod stinnett

--
from mack I will be getting a win 10 computer later this year. but just wondering if win 7 users who have upgraded notice any difference in performance, after upgrade to 2019.3.1 thanks

Quentin Christensen

Hi Mack,

We'd encourage everyone to update to take advantage of the latest bugfixes and improvements.  There are a bunch of things you might find useful, and you can read those in the What's new file: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/releases/2019.3.1/nvda_2019.3.1_changes.html

The main reason you might run into problems with the new version, is if you are using old add-ons which have not been updated.  You can find the official list here: https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/nvdapy3.en.html

You can download NVDA 2019.3.1 and either select "Continue running" or "Create a portable version" if you'd like to try it out before installing over your previous version.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 6:45 AM mcLeod stinnett <macks75205@...> wrote:

--
from mack  I will be getting a win 10 computer later this year. but just wondering if win 7 users who have upgraded notice any difference in  performance, after upgrade to 2019.3.1  thanks

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager