skype and NVDA

Dan Beaver

I participate with a group that is holding a meeting at 10:00 today.  They are using skype and I haven't used it for several years.  How accessible is it via the web using NVDA?  Do I need to install anything to make it more accessible?

Thanks.

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Gene

If you mean using the browser and not the program, I haven't used Zoom in that way.  There is a test room but if you don't have the application installed, I don't know if you can use it.  I have the application installed and I can't test using Zoom in a browser.  Is there a reason you can't or don't want to use the application?  Here is the page where you can join a test meeting where you are the only participant.  You may be able to look around and see if it is accessible in a browser.
https://zoom.us/test

There is a join a test meeting button on the page. The meeting times out after perhaps two minutes.

This is the page for the U.S. join a test meeting.  I don't know if it works for other countries.
If it doesn't, do a Google search for zoom join a test meeting and see what you find.

Gene

On 4/23/2022 7:00 AM, Dan Beaver wrote:

I participate with a group that is holding a meeting at 10:00 today.  They are using skype and I haven't used it for several years.  How accessible is it via the web using NVDA?  Do I need to install anything to make it more accessible?

Thanks.

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Dan Beaver

Gene,

I need info for Skype not Zoom.

thanks.

Dan Beaver

Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)
On 4/23/2022 8:23 AM, Gene wrote:

[...]

I misread your message.

Gene

On 4/23/2022 8:23 AM, Gene wrote:
[...]

Well, I just got off the meeting and it worked fairly well.  At least almost as well as Zoom. :)

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

On 4/23/2022 8:23 AM, Gene wrote:
[...]

tim

Try slowing things down or actually read it for once!

On 4/23/2022 8:23 AM, Gene wrote:
[...]

Stop your condescending sniping at me on this and another list.  You make mistakes yourself and I never call you out on a mistake unless it is material to a discussion and it hasn't been done.  You just made one now, assuming reading speed is the problem.  You don't know how fast I read and you don't know that, years ago, I tried different reading speeds to see what the fastest speed is that I can read and not lose comprehension.

Sometimes, people simply make mistakes.

Gene