Slide deck prep

Christopher Bartlett

Are there any good resources on how to use PowerPoint or Google Slides with NVDA to prepare a slide deck for presentation?  I've actually never done this before.

Christopher BArtlett

--
Christopher Bartlett

Sarah k Alawami

There are probably,  but I just kind of googled and learned the sighted way. You don’t really need access to nvda tutorials on how to do this, just apply click to enter or space etc. Dragging we will not be able to do, but I combined my limited knowledge of power point with aira and made a stunning presentation for a talk I gave last week. Also look up on MsOffice’s website for shortcuts for the keyboard and mouse for power point. I’m sure they exist.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Christopher Bartlett
Sent: Monday, October 4, 2021 8:37 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Slide deck prep

Are there any good resources on how to use PowerPoint or Google Slides with NVDA to prepare a slide deck for presentation?  I've actually never done this before.

Christopher BArtlett

--

Christopher Bartlett

Sarah,

See, I *told* you it would (or at least could) be stunning and easy (or at least easier than your dread was predicting - and who among us hasn't been there!).

Microsoft has scads of documentation dedicated to using its various office suite programs with a screen reader.  The results of this search on DuckDuckGo turn up several MS-issued resources right at the very top of the list, at least it does for me.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.

~ John F. Kennedy

Sarah k Alawami

Yeah, and the talk went well, but I can talk about that in private, no pun intended. Btw I didn’t ask for a bucket. Hehahahaa.  Guys, ignore us.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, October 4, 2021 9:23 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Slide deck prep

Sarah,

See, I *told* you it would (or at least could) be stunning and easy (or at least easier than your dread was predicting - and who among us hasn't been there!).

Microsoft has scads of documentation dedicated to using its various office suite programs with a screen reader.  The results of this search on DuckDuckGo turn up several MS-issued resources right at the very top of the list, at least it does for me.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.

~ John F. Kennedy

Quentin Christensen

There is the Microsoft PowerPoint with NVDA training module from NV Access: https://www.nvaccess.org/product/microsoft-powerpoint-with-nvda-ebook/

Available individually, or as part of the NVDA Productivity Bundle: https://www.nvaccess.org/product/nvda-productivity-bundle/

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 2:38 AM Christopher Bartlett <themusicalbrewer@...> wrote:

Christopher BArtlett

--
Christopher Bartlett

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager