From: Ann Byrne
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 2:44 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] solution for reading chats in Zoom?

You can read the chats with ctrl+f1, ctrl+f2, etc. I'm not sure how
to copy info from a chat, though.

Sim Kah Yong

My experience is that NVDA will read out the chat when I am in the main room, but will fail to do that when I am in breakout room.

My solution is to call out the chat window with Alt + H. This will deal with the problem of NVDA not reading out the chat.

You can use the add-on Speech History to read each chat that has been read out or copy each chat to the clipboard.

The hotkeys are :

Shift + F11

Shift + F12

F12 to copy

Hope this help.

On 1/21/2021 4:49 AM, Gene wrote:

But if the chats aren't read out loud and if no indication is given that a chat has arrived, you won't know without continually checking to see if new ones have arrived, something you wouldn't want to keep manually checking.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Ann Byrne
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 2:44 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

You can read the chats with ctrl+f1, ctrl+f2, etc.  I'm not sure how
to copy info from a chat, though.

Bob Cavanaugh

You are exactly right. I have no problem reading chats by opening the
chat panel, but how will I know to check it if NVDA doesn't tell me
anything when chats come in?

But if the chats aren't read out loud and if no indication is given that a
chat has arrived, you won't know without continually checking to see if new

ones have arrived, something you wouldn't want to keep manually checking.

You can read the chats with ctrl+f1, ctrl+f2, etc. I'm not sure how
to copy info from a chat, though.

Sim Kah Yong

Hi

My experience is that whenever my chat panel is open, any chat messages will be read out by NVDA whenever they come. Thanks.