Something fun.

Ken Perry

Turn indentation on                       sound under documentation, and turn punctuation off.  Then open the attached file in an  editor.  If you arrow down at the right tempo you can have Mario brothers theme.  A student of mine did this in a few minutes and its pretty fun.

Gene

The list doesn't accept attachments for security reasons.  The majority of lists don't accept them because in spam, they are often used to spread malware.

Gene

On 6/3/2022 5:05 PM, Ken Perry wrote:

Turn indentation on                       sound under documentation, and turn punctuation off.  Then open the attached file in an  editor.  If you arrow down at the right tempo you can have Mario brothers theme.  A student of mine did this in a few minutes and its pretty fun.

Ken Perry

Sigh.  Oh well here it is from my dropbox.  It’s a simple text file with spaces so its not malware for sure.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwbimix7p4nmviu/mario.txt?dl=0

The list doesn't accept attachments for security reasons.  The majority of lists don't accept them because in spam, they are often used to spread malware.

Gene

On 6/3/2022 5:05 PM, Ken Perry wrote:

Turn indentation on                       sound under documentation, and turn punctuation off.  Then open the attached file in an  editor.  If you arrow down at the right tempo you can have Mario brothers theme.  A student of mine did this in a few minutes and its pretty fun.

Ron Canazzi

some people have too much time on their hands, but it does work.

--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;

Ken Perry

Laugh when I was Project lead on the Orion TI-84 TGC the sighted TI hackers actually bought one because they thought we added total sound to it.  We didn’t.  Even with what we did though they did the same thing with the calculator.  If you search for Orion TI-84 Star wars you will find a you tube video they made back when it first released.  They also did the Mario brothers song on it as well.  I guess people do have to much time on their hands.

some people have too much time on their hands, but it does work.

On 6/3/2022 6:05 PM, Ken Perry wrote:

Turn indentation on                       sound under documentation, and turn punctuation off.  Then open the attached file in an  editor.  If you arrow down at the right tempo you can have Mario brothers theme.  A student of mine did this in a few minutes and its pretty fun.

--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement  and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!

Brian's Mail list account

This is going a bit off topic. Please don't mention playing tunes on floppy drive stepper motors.

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Fun with what.

If you mean game tunes, masterboot record has most of that covered.

If you mean playing with floppy drives mrsolidsnake770 has that covered.

This should be on chat though but you are a mod here so.

What about playing with midi files with your collection of soundfonts.

I have a collection of fonts from musinkite and arachno which are custom made general midi fonts to things like yamaha, nokia synth and creative cards even a gravis ultrasound and sega, and nentendo units so there is that I guess.

Fiddling withh chip composition softwaree, there is plenty of chip music about.

Recording sounds in particular with em pickup coils.

I have one though not used it for ages.

They are easy to pickup and easy to aparently make.

Doing things like sticking something into something else or using a old hard drive magnet as a wind chime or sticking a stainless steel bowl into a drier, recording those and making those into instruments.

I think andrelouis recorded an old broken hard drive and made bits of it sound like a chime, and got an instrument out of it.

On 4/06/2022 7:43 pm, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:
This is going a bit off topic. Please don't mention playing tunes on floppy drive stepper motors.
Brian

Luke Davis

Shaun Everiss wrote:

This should be on chat though but you are a mod here so.
I think you are mixing up your Brians.

The one that is a mod here, is named Brian Vogel.
The one you were responding to calls himself Brian's Mail list account.

Luke

Ken Perry

Wow I will remember not to bring you to a party. This was just something light and fun to do with NVDA and indent sounds. Guess you are a good kill joy.

[...]

Your subject didn't say anything about indent sounds.

Anyway I fail to see what you could do that would be fun with them.

bar pitchem up and down.