From: Andrea Sherry
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2020 8:52 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io ; nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] SoundForge Users On This List

Any users of this program care to comment. When I attemp to change some
of the checkboxes in the menu NVDA does not recognise them as
checkboxes. Has anyone else had this experience? Is there a work round?
Andrea

Sean

I'm using version 14 and I had no problem with this.

--

Sean

I’m student and programmer. I write often Python, sometimes Go and rare C++.
I can understand Turkish and English.

Andrea Sherry

Well I am using version 14 which is totally accessible but for the problem with the checkbboxes.
Andrea

On 5/05/2020 8:57 pm, The Gamages via groups.io wrote:
Hello Andrea,

I am still using Soundforge ten, I didn't think later versions were
accessible with a screen reader, what version are you using, I may
update if it is accessible.

Best Regards, Jim.
Any users of this program care to comment. When I attemp to change some
of the checkboxes in the menu NVDA does not recognise them as
checkboxes. Has anyone else had this experience? Is there a work round?
Andrea

Fresh Start

I am currently using version 11 and have used nine for years and didn’t have any issues.  However, I do have a few questions as well.

I had to move to a Windows ten pro. Computer.  A program called Sonar and cake walk don’t work in that environment.  It it possible to do multi-track recordings in Soundforge 11 and above?  I would be very greatful to carry on this conversation off line if allowed so as not to clog up this list with too many questions.  Thanks in advance.

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 10:44 AM, Fresh Start wrote:
I would be very greatful to carry on this conversation off line if allowed so as not to clog up this list with too many questions.
Also consider joining the Chat Subgroup and starting a topic there if you're seeking to discuss SoundForge (or Sonar or Cake Walk) in detail.

To join:  chat+subscribe@nvda.groups.io

To receive a message containing the group description, and a list of these commands:  chat+help@nvda.groups.io

To receive group messages in a plain text digest:  chat+digest@nvda.groups.io

To receive group messages in an HTML formatted digests:  chat+fulldigest@nvda.groups.io

To receive a daily summary instead of individual messages:  chat+summary@nvda,groups.io

To receive individual messages:  chat+single@nvda.groups.io

To receive only special messages:  chat+special@nvda.groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Web):  chat+nomail@nvda.groups.io
This can also be used to put a vacation stop on group messages, then use one of the previously noted addresses to resume delivery in the format of your choice.

To contact the group owner(s):  chat+owner@nvda.groups.io

Fresh Start

Thank you very much for the information about the chat groups.

[...]

Curtis Delzer

sound forge is not a multi-track editor, including sf14 which I own.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 5/6/2020 7:44 AM, Fresh Start wrote:
[...]
* Twitter: Friedrich Sargon <https://twitter.com/FriedrichSargon>
* Email: seantolstoyevski@...
<mailto:seantolstoyevski@...>
* GitHub: SeanTolstoyevski <https://github.com/SeanTolstoyevski/> I’m student and programmer. I write often Python, sometimes Go and rare C++.
I can understand Turkish and English.

Angelo Sonnesso

You can go to a free option Audacity, or you can use Reaper, which is every bit as good as sonar.
I believe it is $60.00, but I purchased my copy a while ago.
I use both, and they work well.

73 N2DYN Angelo

I'm using version 14 and I had no problem with this.

On 05/05/2020 10:52, Andrea Sherry wrote:

Any users of this program care to comment. When I attemp to change
some of the checkboxes in the menu NVDA does not recognise them as
checkboxes. Has anyone else had this experience? Is there a work round?
Andrea

--

Sean

* Twitter: Friedrich Sargon <https://twitter.com/FriedrichSargon>
* Email: seantolstoyevski@...
<mailto:seantolstoyevski@...>
* GitHub: SeanTolstoyevski <https://github.com/SeanTolstoyevski/>

I’m student and programmer. I write often Python, sometimes Go and rare C++.
I can understand Turkish and English.

Fresh Start

Thank you very very much for that clarification. I have had mixed opinions over the last few months.