Topics

speech history

Margus Ojaots

Hi. i am planning to update to the newest nvda version. is there a
speech history addon for it? i want to know because i use it often.

Luke Davis

The usual one works just fine, use that.

On Thu, 28 May 2020, Margus Ojaots wrote:

Margus Ojaots

when i tried to use speech history in new nvda, it didnt work, and i
installed the older nvda.

2020-05-28 11:01 GMT +03:00, Luke Davis <luke@...>:

The usual one works just fine, use that.

On Thu, 28 May 2020, Margus Ojaots wrote:

Josef Krasny

Hi,

in ad-on manager I see Speech History is installed and will be enabled after NVDA restart. But after NVDA restart is it not enabled. I have NVDA 2020.1. Something is wrong...

Josef

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Something quirky is going on with this add-on.  I have NVDA 2020.1 and a few minutes ago downloaded the Speech History Add-On (speechHistory-2020.2) from the official repository using Add-On Manager.

When I tried to install it, I got an install failed message, yet when I went back to Add-On Manager it's showing in the list.

I exited NVDA and promptly restarted it again, and at the moment it's hanging in Add-On Manager in the Choose Add-On Package Dialog, and has been in that state for approximately 5 minutes.  I'm now killing NVDA with Task Manager.

It seems to have restarted again fully functioning, but I'm not yet sure that Speech History is fully functioning.  It does show as installed and enabled in the Add-Ons Manager, even after the failure to install message.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019