Topics

speech syns

Don H

Anyone have any opinions regarding Acapela. voices versus vocalizer? In your opinion which one is more reliable and more modifiable.

David Ouimet

 Hi Don, I never used Vocalizer with NVDA, but I have it with Jaws. I know Vocalizer has a good selection of voices. I leave the Acapela synth settings on their defaults, so I haven't modified them at all. Acapela, like Vocalizer has really good sound quality & is very good to work with. I don't go really fast with the speech though.

David

Sarah k Alawami

I don't quit4 care for it at faster speed, but that's just me. I work at high speed for anyone who has watched my videos and has heard my headset bleed through. Lol! I can tolerate vocalizer but only for so much. They do soudn better at slower speeds.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 12 Feb 2020, at 17:50, David Ouimet wrote:

 Hi Don, I never used Vocalizer with NVDA, but I have it with Jaws. I know Vocalizer has a good selection of voices. I leave the Acapela synth settings on their defaults, so I haven't modified them at all. Acapela, like Vocalizer has really good sound quality & is very good to work with. I don't go really fast with the speech though.

David

Martin McCormick

I like any synthetic speech that doesn't involve the
sound of a cash register.

Martin

"Sarah k Alawami" <marrie12@...> writes:

I don't quit4 care for it at faster speed, but that's just me. I work at
high speed for anyone who has watched my videos and has heard my headset
bleed through. Lol! I can tolerate vocalizer but only for so much. They do
soudn better at slower speeds.

Richard Wells

I own both and believe the Acapela voices to be more responsive and
modifiable.

On 2/12/2020 6:31 PM, Don H wrote:
Anyone have any opinions regarding Acapela.  voices versus vocalizer?
In your opinion which one is more reliable and more modifiable.

I'd really like the sapi version but the only way I can buy the usb version is via a uk site and its a lot of cash round 600 bucks for the thing plus gst.

I really just want a download of infovox sapi only and a key.

While I could buy it for nvda I really want to use it for sapi output.

On 2/12/2020 6:31 PM, Don H wrote:
Anyone have any opinions regarding Acapela.  voices versus vocalizer?
In your opinion which one is more reliable and more modifiable.

Kelly Sapergia

Hi,

I personally prefer the Acapela voices. I use Sharon primarily. The one
thing I wish is that the special codes to make a voice laugh, cry, etc.,
would work by default. There are some instructions on the Acapela Voices for
NVDA website's blog, but so far they don't work for me. Also, at least with
version 2019.3.1 of NVDA, I'm noticing some extra long pauses in spots, such
as before announcing if a checkbox is checked. This didn't occur with
earlier versions of the driver.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia