Topics

Spinning numbers on a bank page?!

Ibrahim Abedrabbo

Hi folks,

This is a little tricky to explain. I am trying to log on to my bank using my pc and NVDA. When I enter my user id and pass word and click on login, it takes me to the next screen where it asks me to enter a code that has been sent to my cell phone. When I go to the edit box to enter the number it gives me 000000 and expects me to spin the zeros into the numbers in the code. When I go to the first zero and I spin it with the up and down arrows to the first number in the code, I can’t move to the next zero to enter the second digit of the code. If I move with the right arrow and I spin it rotates the first digit instead. Have anyone seen such a weird way of the two factor verification on any web page like this? How did you manage it? I deleted the zeros and typed the number in their place but it did not take it. I am afraid if I continue to try they would block my access and it would be a hassel to unblock it.

If anyone has any experience with this, Please help.

Regards,

Ibrahim

Arianna Sepulveda

Maybe tab would take you to the next number box in the sequence? It makes sense that the arrows aren't working, since the arrows spin the numbers. I've never seen anything like this way of putting in a code, but maybe tabbing through once you set the first number will work. Just a thought.

Thanks,
Ari

On Jan 26, 2021, at 9:32 PM, Ibrahim Abedrabbo <abedrabboibrahim@...> wrote:

[...]

I tried tab but it took me to next. . This is the weirdest thing I have seen.

I am able to access my account fine using my iPhone, but I need to use a couple of features only available on the desktop.

Cheers,

Ibrahim

[...]

Gene

In interfaces like this, where the up and down arrow keys change the numbers, you can usually move to the next field with the right arrow and the previous field with the left arrow.

This interface is used on my feature phone for setting the alarm and in Windows 7 in the Task Manager.

I have no idea if tabbing would work, I'm saying that the expectation that the right arrow would move to a different field follows the usual design of such interfaces.

On Jan 26, 2021, at 9:32 PM, Ibrahim Abedrabbo <abedrabboibrahim@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Ring your bank and explain how inaccessible that is.

Ask if you can login without this stupid code or type it in like other 2 step codes.

My bank doesn't have this stupidness at all.

I do need help entering pins for things when I need to make new pins, I'd usually would do it in a terminal, but covid,= going out, to wash hands, to stand in a cue to access, an eftpos terminal, to wash hands, to take my mask on and off just to activate a stupid debit card aint worth going out to do that.

I did it but needed sight for the pin entry.

On my bank with withdrawls, you can enter a net code but you can do without it.

I know its not secure to stop this stuff but if I had this issue, I'd just do without it.

Basically you need to tell your bank tha  because of their security system you can't get access to your account and you have a right to do that, so they can either remove it or get you to bypass it or fix it.

If they don't then time to change to another bank and give them a bad rating.

On 27/01/2021 3:32 pm, Ibrahim Abedrabbo wrote:

[...]

No, unfortunately the left and right arrows did not work in this situation.

-----Original Message----- From: Arianna Sepulveda
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 8:40 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

[...]

That is what I did.

On Jan 27, 2021, at 12:20 AM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

[...]

If this particular code entry will not allow the code number to be typed or pasted in, then the bank needs to be told that this is not acceptable nor good practice for an accessible site.

Many of these things that have the sort of animation you're referring to still allow straight typing in or pasting in of a value.

       ~ Brian Vogel

Sarah k Alawami

I missed the thread, however can you type in the numbers? I assume not. Show your bank what happens and why this needs to change. As someone stated, if they cannot or will not comply, move banks, or at the very least, make that threat.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFfP. We are also on lbry as well.

Stay in touch with us via our discord. This is an easier way to both contact us, and get to know your fellow listeners.

[...]

Josh Kennedy

did you try turning off browse mode with insert SPACE? Then tab through the numbers and use the up and down arrow keys or left and right arrow to set them and then tab to the button you want and press enter. Then if needed turn browse mode back on by pressing insert SPACE.