From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Roger Stewart
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 8:41 AM
To: NVDA List <nvda@groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] SPL add on version?

I'm using the stable version of the SPL add on. However, when I started this morning, I got a notice that a new version of the add on is available but it wanted to give me the LTS version instead of the stable version. I then went to the add on page to check there. When I chose to download the stable version, it again offered me the lts version instead. I tried downloading the lts version and got nothing. Does anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks.

Roger

Rick

Hello Roger:

I do not understand your posting. What is an SPL addon? Is it for JAWS, NVDA, or Office? Also, what is the LTS version? Using Three Letter Acronyms (TLAs) without expansion is difficult for those who are not cognizant of their meaning. Also, it helps readers if you specify what program an add on pertains to.

Regards, rick

I'm using the stable version of the SPL add on. However, when I started this morning, I got a notice that a new version of the add on is available but it wanted to give me the LTS version instead of the stable version. I then went to the add on page to check there. When I chose to download the stable version, it again offered me the lts version instead. I tried downloading the lts version and got nothing. Does anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks.

Roger

Luke Davis

Rick

The SPL add-on, is a long-standing NVDA add-on supporting the StationPlaylist (SPL) software, which is professional broadcasting software.

You can read more at: https://addons.nvda-project.org/./addons/stationPlaylist.en.html

Luke

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020, Rick wrote:

I do not understand your posting. What is an SPL addon? Is it for JAWS, NVDA, or Office? Also, what is the LTS version? Using Three Letter Acronyms (TLAs) without expansion is difficult for those who are not cognizant of their meaning. Also, it helps readers if you specify what program an add on pertains to.

Hi,
SPL = StationPlaylist, LTS = long-term support.
To explain a bit: every once in a while I release a long-term support version of StationPlaylist add-on, designed to support oldest StationPlaylist version in use. This year, version 20.09.x serves this role and is designed for SPL 5.20 users. In order to provide a smoother channel switching experience, 20.09.1-LTS was released that locks the update channel to long-term support maintenance branch, and I plan to offer the next stable release for stable channel subscribers in a few weeks.
Cheers,
Joseph