ssl error with nvda update and nvda remote add-on

mslion

Hello all,
Since a few days I am not able to check nvda updates add-on updates or
connect to my nvda remote instance. When looking in the logs it looks
like an ssl issue on the nv-access site. Anyone else familiar with
this? Is there a solution for this?

With kind regards,
Mitchel Snel

Can't speak to the NVDA Remote part, though it could be related.  As far as NVDA updates, see:  Update Checking Error for NVDA and Add-On Updater - Root Cause Identified, Workaround Given, Problem solved in 2021.3

         ~ John F. Kennedy

Rui Fontes

Install the NVDA 2021.3 Beta version...

Rui Fontes

On Sat, Oct 30, 2021 at 12:03 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Install the NVDA 2021.3 Beta version...
-
Or that.   So far, it seems to be working well.  Download link on this page:  https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-3beta1/

         ~ John F. Kennedy

Quentin Christensen

The add-on should still work, but it's probably easiest now to simply recommend installing the beta - because of our continuous alpha branch which seems well tested by a number of users, the beta version is generally pretty stable - and of course if there IS an issue, then it's important we find out about it (and once you run it and check for updates, the SSL error should be fixed so even if you needed to revert to 2021.2, the check for updates bug at least should be fixed.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Deenadayalan Moodley

Hi Quentin,

Using 2021.3 beta 1 if you encounter a link in an outlook message, the up or down arrows seem to get stuck.  This is with Office 2016. Can someone else verify before we log a bug? The work around at this stage is to press the tab key which seems to get you out of the link.

Thanks.

[...]

I can't replicate, but I am using Office 365.

A couple of things to try:
- Restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled
- Going into NVDA's advanced settings, accept the warning, then tab to "Use UI Automation in Microsoft Word document controls".  Firstly, what is that set to?  And secondly, if you press spacebar to toggle it, how does Outlook read now?

Quentin.