Topics

Station Playlist AddOn Question

Dan Kerstetter

Hello all.

Do I need to be in the studio window  or the encoder window to use the additional commands for SAM and SPL encoders?  I want to use f11 to switch automatically to the studio window when I’m connected.

Thanks in advance.

Roger Stewart

No. You can be anywhere doing anything and when you are connected, it will switch to the SPL window if you have that function on.
Roger

On 8/7/2019 2:36 PM, Dan Kerstetter wrote:

Hello all.

Do I need to be in the studio window  or the encoder window to use the additional commands for SAM and SPL encoders?  I want to use f11 to switch automatically to the studio window when I’m connected.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I think he meant configuring that option, which can be done from encoders window only as this is specific to encoders. The F11 command will not let you switch to Studio from anywhere – it is a toggle command to tell NVDA to switch to Studio when the selected encoder connects.

Cheers,

Joseph

No. You can be anywhere doing anything and when you are connected, it will switch to the SPL window if you have that function on.

Roger

On 8/7/2019 2:36 PM, Dan Kerstetter wrote:

Hello all.

Do I need to be in the studio window  or the encoder window to use the additional commands for SAM and SPL encoders?  I want to use f11 to switch automatically to the studio window when I’m connected.

Thanks in advance.

Joshua Tubbs

I have SPL open with the encoder focused. Pressing F11 does/says nothing here.

F9 also does not do anything.

Is there a way to have the MP3 recorder start up on connect as well as
to start playing the checked tracks, like Jaws and Hartgens scripts
do?

On 8/7/19, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:
[...]

Is this with the add-on installed? If yes, what is the add-on version you've got and Studio version in use?
Cheers,
Joseph

No. You can be anywhere doing anything and when you are connected, it
will switch to the SPL window if you have that function on.

Roger

On 8/7/2019 2:36 PM, Dan Kerstetter wrote:

Hello all.

Do I need to be in the studio window or the encoder window to use the
additional commands for SAM and SPL encoders? I want to use f11 to
switch automatically to the studio window when I'm connected.

Thanks in advance.

Joshua Tubbs

Studio version is 5.31, latest addon version.

I figured out how to get it working though, I just have to be in the
list of encoders to press the hotkeys.

On 8/7/19, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:
Hi,
Is this with the add-on installed? If yes, what is the add-on version you've
got and Studio version in use?
Cheers,
Joseph

No. You can be anywhere doing anything and when you are connected, it
will switch to the SPL window if you have that function on.

Roger

On 8/7/2019 2:36 PM, Dan Kerstetter wrote:

Hello all.

Do I need to be in the studio window or the encoder window to use the
additional commands for SAM and SPL encoders? I want to use f11 to
switch automatically to the studio window when I'm connected.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Yes - these commands are native to encoders - or rather, for some of them. F9 is native to SAM encoders, while in SPL encoders, F9 presses "connect" button. F11 series (including Shift=F11 and Control+F11) is used to set various encoder options specific to NVDA such as focusing to Studio when connecting and/or playing the first selected track.
Cheers,
Joseph