strange problem with a PDF

Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...>

Hi all,
I just downloaded the first statement for my Able account, and it read
quite weird. My default voice is E-Speak Male7 with the American
accent, but when opening my statement in Adobe Acrobat Reader, it read
with what sounded like the default British voice, or at least the
Male7 British voice I'm not sure which. When I opened the same file in
Firefox, it read as normal. Any idea why this could be happening, or
does someone need the document?
Bob

Luke Davis

Try going to speech settings (NVDA+control+s). Tab over to Automatic dialect switching, and un-check it.

If it already is, try un-checking automatic language switching.

With one or the other or both unchecked, press enter, and try your document again.

Luke

On Apr 15, Bob Cavanaugh wrote:

I just downloaded the first statement for my Able account, and it read
quite weird. My default voice is E-Speak Male7 with the American
accent, but when opening my statement in Adobe Acrobat Reader, it read
with what sounded like the default British voice, or at least the
Male7 British voice I'm not sure which. When I opened the same file in
Firefox, it read as normal. Any idea why this could be happening, or

Andre Fisher

Hi.

There are two possibilities:
1. You have created either a configuration for Firefox or Acrobat Reader with different speech settings.
2. Language detection in the file is working in Acrobat Reader, but in Firefox it is not.

Try turning off automatic language detection in the Speech settings and report back.