Topics

strange problems with hims QBraille XL and screen reader

Afik Souffir

Hi list,

I have QBraille XL from Hims, and so far its cool device!

But I have problems with NVDA and other screen readers.

When I'm trying to type on the perkins keyboard in Hebrew, its does write the letters and numbers, but its doesn't write the symbols like comma, full stop, question mark and so on.

In the display's notepad for example its working just fine, all the symbols are written correctly.

So its not related to the display itself, its related to the screen reader.

Any help is appreciated.

Cordialement,

Afik Souffir

Portable: 0505782208

Addresse email

Afik.souffir@outlook.com

On the off chance this might be somehow pertinent, in your message to the group all of the text except for your signature is right justified, which is really odd.  I don't know if the setting that's causing this might be somehow related to the issue that you are having.

Afik Souffir

Hi diana,

  1. Yes its behave like this connected to usb and Bluetooth.
  2.  The symbols are written just fine in other languages.
  3. Hybrid mode is on.
  4. There is not an option for Hebrew code on Hebrew, just computer braille.
  5. Its not a recent problem, its work like this always.

About the panning buttons and the cursor routing keys, I have this problem as well.

Strange.

Cordialement,

Afik Souffir

Portable: 0505782208