Topics

Subscribing/Unsubscribing from the NVDA Group on Groups.io

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi group,

a man from Czech would like to sign to this conference.

Could you send me an address for sign here? I haven't the address.

I suppose, that it isn't nvda@nvda.groups.io

--
Jarek

Jesse Farquharson

Very close.

Just

Nvda@groups.io

Daniel Wolak

Not quite.

If you're referring to subscribing to the list, then you would send a blank message to

nvda+subscribe@nvda.groups.io

Hth,

Daniel

On 2020-07-06 11:23 a.m., Jesse Farquharson wrote:

Very close.

Just

Nvda@groups.io

Jesse Farquharson

Ah, I was referring to the web URL.

This topic has been retitled so that the subject has some meaningful keywords for future searchers of the archive.

The main webpage for the NVDA Group on Groups.io is:  https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Like all groups on this service, it has a section entitled Group Email Addresses under which all the really important ones that are commonly used are listed.

The online archive for the NVDA Group can be found at https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topics

hi brian.
may i ask whats the reason that my emails are sentto the list twice
instead of once?
every email which i send, i recieve it in my nvda folder twice every time.

This topic has been retitled so that the subject has some meaningful
keywords for future searchers of the archive.

The main webpage for the NVDA Group on Groups.io is:
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Like all groups on this service, it has a section entitled Group Email
Addresses under which all the really important ones that are commonly used
are listed.

The online archive for the NVDA Group can be found at
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topics

*Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its
platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.*

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment
Took Hold in the United States (
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/health/anti-vaccination-movement-us.html
) , September 23, 2019

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Zahra,

         Depending on when you joined the group, and how, there is a Groups.io feature in your Accounts page, Preferences tab, that is a checkbox that reads, I always want copies of my own emails.

         The default state for that these days is off, but at one time it was on.  That's the most likely reason.  However, if you have an e-mail client with filters set up there are times that filters can end up creating double copies as well.

          If you have never logged on to the Groups.io website, then see the beginning of this document, Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io,
with regard to how to get a password to log in to the site to control your various settings.  At this point you do not need to know anything beyond how to get set up to log in and can read the rest of that document at your leisure.  After you log in to Groups.io, you can copy and paste this URL, https://groups.io/account?page=prefs, into your  address box and you'll be taken straight to your preferences page where you can examine that checkbox and uncheck it if it's checked.  Just remember to activate the Update Preferences button at the bottom of the page to save your changes if you make any.

i only use web interface of gmail.
and i dont remember groups.io user name and password.
i created filter for nvda as well as various groups in my gmail.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1B941pSg2OCRKGukRg1d5w7nwu8wJLUaK
)

) , September 23, 2019

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

brian, do you recieve my emails and post twice?
or i am only alone that recieve my emails twice?
for example: when i navigate in my emails,
the first one says zahra ayat (my name and family name),
when i press h again,
nvda says zahra via groups.io

) , September 23, 2019

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Gene

Only you. I never receive duplicate copies.

) , September 23, 2019

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

hello Gene and Luke.
thanks for your help.
what can i do to not have duplicate of my messages?

) , September 23, 2019

--

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 07:53 AM, zahra wrote:
what can i do to not have duplicate of my messages?
You know, Zahra, you have already been given explicit instructions on where and how to start, but have chosen to ignore those.  Until, and unless, you get yourself logged in to the Groups.io website, and check the account setting I've already mentioned, there would be absolutely, positively no point in doing anything else, for that simple change may be it.

Help is a two way street, and ignoring taking the steps given by potential (or actual) assistants doesn't encourage further assistance to be forthcoming.

brian,
i went to nvda.groups.io
made a password for myself.
logged in to my account,
and then, selected zahra,
then expanded the menu and found my account.
under account, i selected preferences
and unchecked the option that tell me if i want to have copy of my
messages and updated my preferences.
hope that this method works for me and i dont have duplicate messages
of myself in my nvda folder!

) , September 23, 2019

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

fortunately it worked for me!
i am very glad,
thanks so much
brian,
luke,
gene
for your helps and God bless you all!

) , September 23, 2019

--

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 01:23 AM, zahra wrote:
fortunately it worked for me!
-
Glad to hear it.

After posting the instructions I posted, I decided to dig in to the Groups.io static help page, where I was not surprised to find this:

I Am On Gmail And I Don't Like Getting Copies Of My Messages
To turn off duplicate emails, log into your account. Then look for the dropdown in the top right corner of the page, which will be either your name or email address. Click that and then click Account. From your Account page, click the Preferences sidebar tab. Look for the 'I always want copies of my own messages' checkbox and uncheck that. Then click the Update Preferences button.