subtitles on youtube and navigation keys in word.

Ali Colak

Hello everyone,
I have two seperate questions on two differents.
First, though nvda seems to read some close captioning on youtube, it
doesn't update when the caption changes. I have to arrow up and down
to find the spot where it can read the captioning again. How can I
make sure that it reads the captions as they come in? Note, these are
the regular captions that NVDA can read, not the subtitling I have to
access through the lion app and OCR.

Second, their is i believe a keystroke that enables us to use
navigation keys in documents, such as those in word, such that when we
press in stead of entering h it it goes to the next heading. I have
both foregoten what it was called and the keystroke itself. If some
one could tell me please?

Thanks
Ali

Sascha Cowley

First, you should probably have posted these as two separate threads, otherwise the conversation, if there ends up being one, may get rather confusing, and to make finding these questions and answers in future easier for you and others.
I can only answer your question regarding Microsoft Word. What you are looking to do is switch into browse mode, which you can do with NVDA + Space. Use the same keystroke to switch back in to focus mode.

Ali Colak

Thanks, I had no idea it would be that simple. I new how changing
between browse mode and focus mode worked on web pages but didn't know
it would work for this. Thanks again.