Topics

locked supporting dell laptops for screen readers.

hello every one.
i wish to know about compatibility of dell laptops with screen reader
and keyboard users.
did any of you use dell laptops with any screen reader especially with nvda?
i wish to know in particular about dell latitude laptops.
i really appreciate you and God bless you all!

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Arlene

Hi there: Are you looking for a new Dell Lap Top computer?  I’m sure people on this list uses them.  I haven’t used one. I don’t know anymore about this. If your dell computer breaks down. You have to get Dell parts and only dell parts.  That’s why I didn’t use them for that particular reason.  You can get one if you want.  The choice is yours.  Mind you, it wont be xp anymore nor 7.  It will be only windows ten.  If you haven’t used 7 it’s not what xp is.  It’s a whole different animal. Not trying to scare you. That is what it will be.  It will take getting used to.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

i wish to know about compatibility of dell laptops with screen reader

and keyboard users.

did any of you use dell laptops with any screen reader especially with nvda?

i wish to know in particular about dell latitude laptops.

i really appreciate you and God bless you all!

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

I have experienced zero brand-based differences, and only the very occasional model-based difference, as far as screen readers, plural, go.

I can't count the number of different models of desktop and laptop computers of every make and model I've dealt with and had JAWS and/or NVDA running on them, none with any issue.

My only caution with regard to laptops, regardless of brand, is that if you are accustomed to using desktop keyboard layout with your screen reader make sure that the laptop you're considering has a number pad built-in on its keyboard if you intend to use the built-in keyboard.  Most 15-inch models will, many 13-inch or smaller screen models won't.  And if you're not used to using laptop keyboard layout, there's a learning curve associated with getting keystrokes you already know straight again, as some differ.

     ~ Kelley Boorn

but i searched in the internet and realized that xp is supported even
in third generation of intel processors.
i really dont need more.

On 10/31/20, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:
[...]

thanks brian for yourr reply.
yes, i always use desktop keyboard and my acer laptop has 17 inch display.
i asked because i dont remember exactly.
but i am sure that people have many complaint about using hp laptops
with nvda which i read before, but dont remember exactly what the
problem they were.

[...]

Zahra,

           I am not questioning your memory, as I know that at different times different issues can crop up.  But I have three HP laptops of reasonably recent (last 6 years) vintage in my household, and none have any issue with running NVDA.  I'm typing to you from one of those right now.  I would not worry that any currently available HP laptop is likely to have issues with running NVDA (or any screen reader, really).

     ~ Kelley Boorn

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 03:28 PM, zahra wrote:
xp is supported
-
Zahra,

        Consider this a friendly warning.  There will be no additional discussion, none, of Windows XP on this group.  Period, end of sentence.

         I refer you to the group rules, by which you and all other members are bound as a condition of participation:

Unsupported versions of any software may only be discussed on the Chat Subgroup, not the main NVDA Group.

Windows:  Only Windows 8.1 and currently supported versions of Windows 10.  Members should refer to the Windows Lifecycle Fact Sheet to determine which versions of Windows are currently supported.  Information about the dates on which specific versions of Windows 10 reached or will reach their end of service dates is listed there as well and will be updated as new versions are released.

         Also, there is absolutely no new hardware that is available with anything other than Windows 10, so if you're looking for a new computer that is what you will get and that is what you will have to get used to using.

          Since I believe the original question, about NVDA and specific hardware has been addressed, this topic is now locked.

     ~ Kelley Boorn