Topics

switching sound cards with NVDA

Mark

Hi is it possible to switch sound cards with a shortcut key using NVDA

I use a wireless headset  and a USB mixer

Mark.

The accessible friends network why not give us a try today

Sarah k Alawami

I'm not sure how to do it with a shortcut, but try nvda shift s, tab, first letter of the soundcard, enter.

Blessings and happy Wednesday

On 10 Jun 2020, at 8:59, Mark via groups.io wrote:

Hi is it possible to switch sound cards with a shortcut key using NVDA

I use a wireless headset  and a USB mixer

Mark.

The accessible friends network why not give us a try today

Mark

That works a treat,

Many thanks

Mark.

Luke Davis

No, but that is an excellent idea.

Will you please create a feature request issue for it? https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues

The idea being a (default unassigned) gesture to cycle through the available sound devices.

That could solve several problems, such as when connecting a new sound device and Windows loses track of what should be default, or Windows and NVDA do their flip-flop of default and selected, as sometimes happens.

Luke

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020, Mark via groups.io wrote:

Hi is it possible to switch sound cards with a shortcut key using NVDA
I use a wireless headset  and a USB mixer

Deenadayalan Moodley

Hi,

Use a utility called SoundVolumeView. It allows you to save soundcard profiles and to reload these.  You then can setup a shortcut key to load your profile when you need to change. The application is portable and does not need to be installed.

soundvolumeview.exe /loadprofile laptop.spr

Create a desktop shortcut and assign a key to it.

Thanks.