locked test

Chris Smart

On 2021-04-27 6:33 p.m., Don H wrote:
I got a Email from Groups.io saying emails sent to me were being bounced.
There should have been a link to follow in that email to unbounce your account.

Don H

With all the scams and such going on I don't often click on links in unknown Emails since I did not know that groups.io sent such Emails.

On 2021-04-27 6:33 p.m., Don H wrote:
I got a Email from Groups.io saying emails sent to me were being bounced.
There should have been a link to follow in that email to unbounce your account.

Gene

But you can look at the underlying link and see that it is a groups.io link.  Skepticism is important but so is knowing how to determine whether something is what it seems to be.  I haven’t gotten such a message and I don’t know if the link is written out or if it is a link like a click here or unbounce link but it is important to know how to see the underlying link if it isn’t shown.

Most things are spam and scams but consider the .unlikeliness of a spammer .knowing you are a member of groups.io.  Its possible, but ..unlikely.  it would take an inordinate amount of work.  Your e-mail account would have to be hacked and your messages monitored so as to determine how to get you to do something.

Someone should be able to tell you how to see the underlying link in cases where it matters like this.

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 08:28 PM, Don H wrote:
With all the scams and such going on I don't often click on links in unknown Emails since I did not know that groups.io sent such Emails.
-
Well, you do now.  This topic is locked.  Please do not restart it (anyone) and please do NOT send test messages - they are unnecessary clutter.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon