From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy Jobben
Sent: Montag, 24. August 2020 14:41
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Textexpander freezes my keyboard

hi there

I'm using NVDA for a while. I still got a little bit of sight.

I'm using a program called textexpander. With a few letters it pastes a whole code, email or what kind of content for me. Like ninvoice pastes my pre-made email for a new invoice.

But if i got nvda running, than my keyboard freezes. I can use my mouse and go to othere programs, but when i want to use my keyboard i need to restart my computer agan.

Anyone with a solution?

Gene

Try putting NVDA to sleep before having Text Expander do something. then wake it up after it does it. The toggle is control shift s for sleep and as I said, it’s a toggle.

I'm using NVDA for a while. I still got a little bit of sight.

I'm using a program called textexpander. With a few letters it pastes a whole code, email or what kind of content for me. Like ninvoice pastes my pre-made email for a new invoice.

But if i got nvda running, than my keyboard freezes. I can use my mouse and go to othere programs, but when i want to use my keyboard i need to restart my computer agan.

Anyone with a solution?

Gene

It is checked by default. You may want to chedk it but its already on if you didn't change it.

Also, from the description in the manual, I doubt the command is relevant. Of course, you may want to try toggling it to see what happens. Description follows:
Handle keys from other applications
This option allows the user to control if key presses generated by applications such as on-screen keyboards and speech recognition software should be processed by NVDA. This option is on by default, though certain users may wish to turn this off, such as those typing Vietnamese with the UniKey typing software as it will cause incorrect character input.

Try to go in your NVDA keyboard settings with NVDA-control-K and toggle the checkbox “Handle keys from other applications”

Cheers,

Ralf

I'm using NVDA for a while. I still got a little bit of sight.

I'm using a program called textexpander. With a few letters it pastes a whole code, email or what kind of content for me. Like ninvoice pastes my pre-made email for a new invoice.

But if i got nvda running, than my keyboard freezes. I can use my mouse and go to othere programs, but when i want to use my keyboard i need to restart my computer agan.

Anyone with a solution?

Andy Jobben

Your a hero. This helped till now ;)

Gene

Since you don't say whom you are addressing or quote the message you are referring to, we have no idea what or whom you are referring to.
there were two suggestions from different people.