From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J. Boyer
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 4:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] The Braille tables need updating.

Hello,

The Unified English Braille table is not listed in the output Tables list. I
have NVDA 2020.2.
Please include the en-ueb-g2.ctb table in the next release.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...

JM Casey

It is there, mate -- unless I'm not understanding your request...

The Unified English Braille table is not listed in the output Tables list. I
have NVDA 2020.2.
Please include the en-ueb-g2.ctb table in the next release.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
services
that are available at no cost

John J. Boyer

I don't find the English UEB tableO
in the list of output tables.

John

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 04:24:42PM -0700, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Are you sure?
Cheers,
Joseph

The Unified English Braille table is not listed in the output Tables list. I
have NVDA 2020.2.
Please include the en-ueb-g2.ctb table in the next release.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
services
that are available at no cost

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
that are available at no cost

John J. Boyer

I don't know what I am missing. I looked in the list of output tables. Currently I am using the U.S. grade 2 table.
In the liO
st I see U.S. and U.K. tables but no UEB table.

Thanks,
John

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 08:18:37PM -0400, JM Casey wrote:
It is there, mate -- unless I'm not understanding your request...

The Unified English Braille table is not listed in the output Tables list. I
have NVDA 2020.2.
Please include the en-ueb-g2.ctb table in the next release.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
services
that are available at no cost

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
that are available at no cost

Jackie

John, the unified english grade 1 & grade 2 tables are both present in
my installation of NVDA, which is the same version as yours.

On 8/19/20, John J. Boyer <john.boyer@...> wrote:
[...]

Christo de Klerk

Hello John

The UEB table is present, but you won't see it among the English table. The list is shown alphabetically and the table is listed under U for Unified English.

But on this topic, I see that although the Afrikaans grade to table is in the Tables folder, it is not listed by NVDA. This should be fixed in NVDA.

Kind regards

Christo

On 2020/08/20 01:18am, John J. Boyer wrote:
Hello,

The Unified English Braille table is not listed in the output Tables list. I have NVDA 2020.2.
Please include the en-ueb-g2.ctb table in the next release.

Thanks,
John

Hi,

Provided that the table is declared stable, as it is really up to Liblouis table maintainers to let everyone know of this fact.

Cheers,

Joseph

The UEB table is present, but you won't see it among the English table. The list is shown alphabetically and the table is listed under U for Unified English.

But on this topic, I see that although the Afrikaans grade to table is in the Tables folder, it is not listed by NVDA. This should be fixed in NVDA.

Kind regards

Christo

On 2020/08/20 01:18am, John J. Boyer wrote:

Hello,

The Unified English Braille table is not listed in the output Tables list. I have NVDA 2020.2.
Please include the en-ueb-g2.ctb table in the next release.

Thanks,
John

Hi John,
This is the exact concern I had back in 2013 when I worked on en-ueb table
series. Although it might be too late to change it (as the UEB entries were
added when the old uebc-g1/g2 tables were in use), I think at least talking
to NV Access people might yield something for us to consider.
For others: lately I find myself acknowledging many things... Yes, I am the
person who created and organized a massive effort to improve current Unified
English Braille (UEB) tables that ships with NVDA and many other screen
readers. Perhaps the most significant thing I did with that table series was
adding mathematical symbols, Greek letters, among many other symbols. Many
improvements have been made since the en-ueb table series first appeared in
2013.
Cheers,
Joseph

The Unified English Braille table is not listed in the output Tables
list. I have NVDA 2020.2.
Please include the en-ueb-g2.ctb table in the next release.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
services
that are available at no cost

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
services
that are available at no cost

John J. Boyer

Hi Christo,

Thanks. I have UEB now! I don't know if people can read the html message you sent.
It says that the tables are listed alphabeticaloly, so the Unified English Braille table would not be found under English. The U.S. tables are no longer being maintained. I've been using UEB in my translations of books from Bookshare with good results.

John

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:49:54AM +0200, Christo de Klerk wrote:
<head>
</head>
see it among the English table. The list is shown alphabetically
and the table is listed under U for Unified English.</div>
the Afrikaans grade to table is in the Tables folder, it is not
listed by NVDA. This should be fixed in NVDA.</div>
wrote:<br>
cite="mid:20200819231831.GB79626@abilitiessoft">
<pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Hello,

The Unified English Braille table is not listed in the output Tables list. I have NVDA 2020.2.
Please include the en-ueb-g2.ctb table in the next release.

Thanks,
John

</pre>

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
that are available at no cost

John J. Boyer

Hi Joseph,

The UEB tables should be stable in this release of liblouis. A new release will be out soon. NVDA may want to upgrade to that.

John

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 06:02:48AM -0700, Joseph Lee wrote:
[...]

The Afrikaans grade 2 table has been distributed with versions of LibLouis for almost a year and it is perfectly stable. What is the procedure? Should I ask the LibLouis developers to let NVDA developers know that there is a new, stable table? Do they do that as a rule with new tables? I would have expected that if a table is included in the LibLouis Tables folder and distributed with the package, it would mean that the table is stable.

I believe many South African users of NVDA are keen for this table to show up in NVDA. I developed the table and use it every day. Should I give LibLouis some instruction about it?

Kind regards

Christo

On 2020/08/20 02:54pm, Joseph Lee wrote:

[...]

Provided that the table passes Liblouis table tests (it’s been a while since I last touched it), ask NVDA developers (via GitHub) if this table can be included in output and/or input tables list.

Cheers,

Joseph

The UEB table is present, but you won't see it among the English table. The list is shown alphabetically and the table is listed under U for Unified English.

But on this topic, I see that although the Afrikaans grade to table is in the Tables folder, it is not listed by NVDA. This should be fixed in NVDA.

Kind regards

Christo

On 2020/08/20 01:18am, John J. Boyer wrote:

Hello,

The Unified English Braille table is not listed in the output Tables list. I have NVDA 2020.2.
Please include the en-ueb-g2.ctb table in the next release.

Thanks,
John

John J. Boyer

I think the NVDA developers should use the latest release of liblouis as a matter of course. The release process is meticulous.
Things are checked carefully.

John

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 03:34:44PM +0200, Christo de Klerk wrote:
<head>
</head>
distributed with versions of LibLouis for almost a year and it is
perfectly stable. What is the procedure? Should I ask the LibLouis
developers to let NVDA developers know that there is a new, stable
table? Do they do that as a rule with new tables? I would have
expected that if a table is included in the LibLouis Tables folder
and distributed with the package, it would mean that the table is
stable.</div>
NVDA are keen for this table to show up in NVDA. I developed the
table and use it every day. Should I give LibLouis some
instruction about it?</div>
wrote:<br>
cite="mid:035b01d676f1$0ff97190$2fec54b0$@gmail.com">
medium)">
<!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:"Cambria Math";
panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:Calibri;
panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:"Malgun Gothic";
panose-1:2 11 5 3 2 0 0 2 0 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:Consolas;
panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:"\@Malgun Gothic";}
/* Style Definitions */
{margin:0in;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{mso-style-priority:99;
color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;}
pre
{mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
margin:0in;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Courier New";}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
font-family:Consolas;}
span.EmailStyle21
{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
{mso-style-type:export-only;
font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
{size:8.5in 11.0in;
margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
as it is really up to Liblouis table maintainers to let
everyone know of this fact.<o:p></o:p></p>
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
de Klerk<br>
<b>To:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io">nvda@nvda.groups.io</a><br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [nvda] The Braille tables need
updating.<o:p></o:p></p>
see it among the English table. The list is shown
alphabetically and the table is listed under U for Unified
English.<o:p></o:p></p>
the Afrikaans grade to table is in the Tables folder, it is
not listed by NVDA. This should be fixed in NVDA.<o:p></o:p></p>
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
<pre>Hello,<o:p></o:p></pre>
<pre><o:p> </o:p></pre>
<pre>The Unified English Braille table is not listed in the output Tables list. I have NVDA 2020.2. <o:p></o:p></pre>
<pre>Please include the en-ueb-g2.ctb table in the next release.<o:p></o:p></pre>
<pre><o:p> </o:p></pre>
<pre>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></pre>
<pre>John<o:p></o:p></pre>
<pre><o:p> </o:p></pre>

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
that are available at no cost

Hi,
We (NVDA developers) try our best to use the latest Liblouis release to go
with NVDA releases, so it won't be until later this year when we get to use
upcoming Liblouis release (there is usually at least one NVDA collaborator
working on Libluis support and upgrades).