Topics

The file to manually change NVDA commands

Gene

Years ago, I knew the name of the file that NVDA uses to store its keyboard commands.  I want to change a command that isn't in the commands provided in the input gestures available in preferences.

I want to change the command to read the status line.

What is the name of the file?

Thanks for the help.

Gene

Tyler Spivey

You want gestures.ini. but the command you want is already there, search
the input gestures dialog for status.

On 8/16/2020 7:18 PM, Gene wrote:
Years ago, I knew the name of the file that NVDA uses to store its
keyboard commands.  I want to change a command that isn't in the
commands provided in the input gestures available in preferences.

I want to change the command to read the status line.

What is the name of the file?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks.  I wasn't thinking of filter as meaning the same thing as search.  I missed the command when I was looking through where I thought it might be.

Gene

On 8/16/2020 7:18 PM, Gene wrote:
Years ago, I knew the name of the file that NVDA uses to store its
keyboard commands.  I want to change a command that isn't in the
commands provided in the input gestures available in preferences.

I want to change the command to read the status line.

What is the name of the file?

Thanks for the help.

Gene

thanks gene for your question.
i really need that change gestures by ini file, and changing gestures
in nvda preferences is not possible for me.

On 8/17/20, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Years ago, I knew the name of the file that NVDA uses to store its
keyboard commands. I want to change a command that isn't in the
commands provided in the input gestures available in preferences.

I want to change the command to read the status line.

What is the name of the file?

Thanks for the help.

By God,
were I given all the seven heavens