why are all my addons deactivated when i have the latest beta installed? and is it possible to get informations in the forum when addon updates are available? i can't use the new nvda version when my favourite voices should stay deactivated it would be great if someone could do something to solve this problem.

Chris Smart

I guess you didn't read the announcement about the beta and how it will affect add-ons.

On 2021-05-24 7:39 a.m., heike67 wrote:
hello
why are all my addons deactivated when i have the latest beta installed? and is it possible to get informations in the forum when addon updates are available? i can't use the new nvda version when my favourite voices should stay deactivated it would be great if someone could do something to solve this problem.

hi chris
There is nothing in the release notes that I haven't already noticed myself, when I read <this is an addon api compatibility breaking version>, I understand that addons don't work in this beta version. Your post doesn't answer my question, if we'll be notified of updated addons?

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 11:07 AM, heike67 wrote:
Your post doesn't answer my question, if we'll be notified of updated addons?
-
As Chris said, I posted an admin notice about this several days ago, and just refreshed it now.  In addition, there was an actual topic from someone asking what you've asked, and the question was already answered.

The membership here is expected to be proactive and review topics, all of them, to see if something they're about to ask has already been asked and/or addressed before doing so.

I feel confident that as specific add-on manifest updates occur that will be announced here either by the add-on developer or their chosen messenger.

The one thing I absolutely do not want is an endless stream of, "Will my add-ons be updates?," and, "Will we be notified about it?" topics.  The answers are Yes and Yes.

This topic is now locked.  Please, everyone, don't flood the group with questions regarding add-on updates during this shake-out period!

      ~ Brian Vogel