Topics

locked The management of groups.io is accessible with NVDA?

Tere Codina

Hi all,

I just created a mailing list in groups.io and I need to know if the management of it is accessible with NVDA.

For example, I can't upload the file containing the new subscribers list, maybe the file has to have some special format?

Nor can I subscribe the addresses to the list, putting the addresses, each one on one line.

Another task that seems difficult, changing the configuration of who can subscribe to the list. I want the subscription to have to be approved by the moderator, but I can't change this feature.

If you tell me that these tasks are not accessible, I will look for another mailing list provider, but I need you to confirm if it is true that these tasks cannot be done with NVDA.

Thank you in advance.

Teresa

Mike Capelle <mcap@...>

All of these are manageable wit nvda s.

I just created a mailing list in groups.io and I need to know if the management of it is accessible with NVDA.

For example, I can't upload the file containing the new subscribers list, maybe the file has to have some special format?

Nor can I subscribe the addresses to the list, putting the addresses, each one on one line.

Another task that seems difficult, changing the configuration of who can subscribe to the list. I want the subscription to have to be approved by the moderator, but I can't change this feature.

If you tell me that these tasks are not accessible, I will look for another mailing list provider, but I need you to confirm if it is true that these tasks cannot be done with NVDA.

Thank you in advance.

Teresa

Iván Novegil

I've just tried to mass invite members using a file and it seems to be working as expected, all invitations arrived at their destination. The page states: "Upload a file containing the email addresses to invite, one per line". I've uploaded a txt file.

To require approval for subscriptions, go to Settings>Spam Control tab and modify settings appropiately.

Anyway this seems to be outside of the list purpose, since groups.io is the most common provider for recently created mailing tyflo-lists in English, and therefore is presumably usable with NVDA, despite some little accessibility concerns. However I wouldn't use it to build a public mailing list in Spanish, if that's your case; just my opinnion.

Regards.

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Esta mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos están dirixidos ao seu destinatario e poden conter información privilexiada ou confidencial. A utilización, copia ou divulgación dos mesmos por parte de alguén diferente do destinatario mencionado non están permitidas sen autorización. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro pregámoslle o comunique por esta mesma vía e a destrúa.***

O 29/01/2021 á(s) 16:32, Tere Codina escribiu:

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 03:42 PM, Iván Novegil wrote:
Anyway this seems to be outside of the list purpose, since groups.io is the most common provider for recently created mailing tyflo-lists in English, and therefore is presumably usable with NVDA, despite some little accessibility concerns.
-
Indeed.  Any deep dives into how to work with Groups.io administration should be taken up on the Chat Subgroup or even the Groups.io Group Help or Group Managers groups.

Given the number of blind-centric lists that have their home here, and that have administration composed of individuals who are blind, that strongly suggests very few accessibility issues.

I will actually lock this topic after this post.  If conversation about how to use the administrative functions of Groups.io is desired, please do so in one of the above noted venues.  I'll give the Chat Subgroup addresses, and the subscription addresses for the Group Help and Group Managers groups, below.

NVDA Chat Subgroup Addresses

To join:  chat+subscribe@nvda.groups.io

To post:  chat@nvda.groups.io

To receive a message containing the group description, and a list of these commands:  chat+help@nvda.groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Web):  chat+nomail@nvda.groups.io

This can also be used to put a vacation stop on group messages, then use one of the addresses below to resume delivery in the format of your choice.

To receive each group messages individually:  chat+single@nvda.groups.io

This is the default delivery unless you send a message to one of the addresses that follows.

To receive group messages in an HTML formatted digest:  chat+fulldigest@nvda.groups.io

To receive group messages in a plain text digest:  chat+digest@nvda.groups.io

To receive a daily summary instead of individual messages:  chat+summary@nvda.groups.io

To receive only special messages:  chat+special@nvda.groups.io

To contact the group owner(s):  chat+owner@nvda.groups.io

       ~ Brian Vogel

Group Help uses an underscore, Group_Help, which threw my search.  The addresses for this group:

       ~ Brian Vogel