the new voices for nvda

Bobby

Hay I was wondering why you got rid of the edward and klatt 6 voice?  I am very sad they are gone because they are the clearest voices I used in nvda.  I was wondering they will be back because they worked very well for me and they never broke up on me.  I was playing with the baita of nvda and was very upset to find all the new voices were gone.  Are they gone for good or will they come back again because I am very upset now.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Bobby,

Which version of NVDA are you using?  and are you using any add-ons?  I just looked in NVDA 2021.1 Beta 2, and those two voices are listed.

I can't specifically think of any add-ons which might remove them, but they definitely seem to be there for me.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Gene

I haven’t gotten beta two but I have beta one and they are there.  It wouldn’t be at all likely that they are in the first beta and not in the second.

Gene
[...]

Well I am using nvda 2021.1.  Just to let you know I restarted nvda and some how they came back.  Thank you for your help after all.

[...]

Whenever odde behavior is present, try restarting the program and rebooting if that doesn’t solve the problem.

[...]

Hi everyone,

Edward is now part of eSpeak NG that ships with NVDA 2021.1 beta 2.

Cheers,

Joseph

zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz

Hi,