Topics

locked the opera browser

Bobby Vinton

Hay I was wondering if the opera browser works with a screen reader such as nvda?  just let me know and I will try it

i just tried it one time and it worked.
i dont remember which version i installed.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Arlene

What? Opera browser still exists?  I’ve heard of it when I was on the jaws list. Not the list that Debbi Scales ran. She was for beginners and advancing users. I was on the list for more advanced users. There was where I heard about the Opera Browser. Can anybody use it? Or is it for more advanced users where they do computer coding? Sorry for the long message. I thought Opera was a thing of the past.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

i dont remember which version i installed.

On 11/8/19, Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...> wrote:

> Hay I was wondering if the opera browser works with a screen reader such

> as nvda?  just let me know and I will try it

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Bobby Vinton

Well opera still updates and it is chrome based

On 11/8/2019 1:14 AM, Arlene wrote:

What? Opera browser still exists?  I’ve heard of it when I was on the jaws list. Not the list that Debbi Scales ran. She was for beginners and advancing users. I was on the list for more advanced users. There was where I heard about the Opera Browser. Can anybody use it? Or is it for more advanced users where they do computer coding? Sorry for the long message. I thought Opera was a thing of the past.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

i dont remember which version i installed.

On 11/8/19, Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...> wrote:

> Hay I was wondering if the opera browser works with a screen reader such

> as nvda?  just let me know and I will try it

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Jaffar Sidek

HI all.  I actually have replaced Chrome with Opera as my default browser and have no cause to regret my action.  It is a fast, efficient browser with a real effective ad blocker that gets rid of ads that litter articles you want to read.  While chrome promotes those ads, Opera blocks them, allowing you to get a smoother, uninterupted read of articles that interest you, which also incidentally makes copying and pasting of articles or snippets much easier.  Years ago, Opera was hardly accessible.  Now, i think it beats the standard mainstream browsers any time.  They have, indeed, come a very long way.  Cheers!

On 11/8/2019 2:32 PM, Bobby Vinton wrote:

Well opera still updates and it is chrome based

On 11/8/2019 1:14 AM, Arlene wrote:

What? Opera browser still exists?  I’ve heard of it when I was on the jaws list. Not the list that Debbi Scales ran. She was for beginners and advancing users. I was on the list for more advanced users. There was where I heard about the Opera Browser. Can anybody use it? Or is it for more advanced users where they do computer coding? Sorry for the long message. I thought Opera was a thing of the past.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

i dont remember which version i installed.

On 11/8/19, Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...> wrote:

> Hay I was wondering if the opera browser works with a screen reader such

> as nvda?  just let me know and I will try it

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Jaffar Sidek

O! And I tested it with NVDA.  Cheers!

On 11/8/2019 4:28 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:

HI all.  I actually have replaced Chrome with Opera as my default browser and have no cause to regret my action.  It is a fast, efficient browser with a real effective ad blocker that gets rid of ads that litter articles you want to read.  While chrome promotes those ads, Opera blocks them, allowing you to get a smoother, uninterupted read of articles that interest you, which also incidentally makes copying and pasting of articles or snippets much easier.  Years ago, Opera was hardly accessible.  Now, i think it beats the standard mainstream browsers any time.  They have, indeed, come a very long way.  Cheers!

On 11/8/2019 2:32 PM, Bobby Vinton wrote:

Well opera still updates and it is chrome based

On 11/8/2019 1:14 AM, Arlene wrote:

What? Opera browser still exists?  I’ve heard of it when I was on the jaws list. Not the list that Debbi Scales ran. She was for beginners and advancing users. I was on the list for more advanced users. There was where I heard about the Opera Browser. Can anybody use it? Or is it for more advanced users where they do computer coding? Sorry for the long message. I thought Opera was a thing of the past.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

i dont remember which version i installed.

On 11/8/19, Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...> wrote:

> Hay I was wondering if the opera browser works with a screen reader such

> as nvda?  just let me know and I will try it

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

It seems to work well with Opera.

******

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!

What? Opera browser still exists?  I’ve heard of it when I was on the jaws list. Not the list that Debbi Scales ran. She was for beginners and advancing users. I was on the list for more advanced users. There was where I heard about the Opera Browser. Can anybody use it? Or is it for more advanced users where they do computer coding? Sorry for the long message. I thought Opera was a thing of the past.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

i dont remember which version i installed.

On 11/8/19, Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...> wrote:

> Hay I was wondering if the opera browser works with a screen reader such

> as nvda?  just let me know and I will try it

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Chris Mullins

Yes it still exists and I think it still runs on XP.

Cheers

Chris

What? Opera browser still exists?  I’ve heard of it when I was on the jaws list. Not the list that Debbi Scales ran. She was for beginners and advancing users. I was on the list for more advanced users. There was where I heard about the Opera Browser. Can anybody use it? Or is it for more advanced users where they do computer coding? Sorry for the long message. I thought Opera was a thing of the past.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

i dont remember which version i installed.

On 11/8/19, Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...> wrote:

> Hay I was wondering if the opera browser works with a screen reader such

> as nvda?  just let me know and I will try it

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

P. Otter

hello, I'm using opera already for a long time but there is another option that is very nice, try it!
it is vpn, buildin of opera it works fine also with nvda, no difference about accessibility!
cheers
paul otter

Op 8-11-2019 om 09:28 schreef Jaffar Sidek:

HI all.  I actually have replaced Chrome with Opera as my default browser and have no cause to regret my action.  It is a fast, efficient browser with a real effective ad blocker that gets rid of ads that litter articles you want to read.  While chrome promotes those ads, Opera blocks them, allowing you to get a smoother, uninterupted read of articles that interest you, which also incidentally makes copying and pasting of articles or snippets much easier.  Years ago, Opera was hardly accessible.  Now, i think it beats the standard mainstream browsers any time.  They have, indeed, come a very long way.  Cheers!

On 11/8/2019 2:32 PM, Bobby Vinton wrote:

Well opera still updates and it is chrome based

On 11/8/2019 1:14 AM, Arlene wrote:

What? Opera browser still exists?  I’ve heard of it when I was on the jaws list. Not the list that Debbi Scales ran. She was for beginners and advancing users. I was on the list for more advanced users. There was where I heard about the Opera Browser. Can anybody use it? Or is it for more advanced users where they do computer coding? Sorry for the long message. I thought Opera was a thing of the past.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

i dont remember which version i installed.

On 11/8/19, Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...> wrote:

> Hay I was wondering if the opera browser works with a screen reader such

> as nvda?  just let me know and I will try it

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Arlene

Hi, Is it like Nord for when you watch shows in another country or is it  just a browser for coding?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

i dont remember which version i installed.

On 11/8/19, Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...> wrote:

> Hay I was wondering if the opera browser works with a screen reader such

> as nvda?  just let me know and I will try it

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Arlene

Yes, I knew it did. Wasn’t sure if it ran on other versions of windows.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Yes it still exists and I think it still runs on XP.

Cheers

Chris

What? Opera browser still exists?  I’ve heard of it when I was on the jaws list. Not the list that Debbi Scales ran. She was for beginners and advancing users. I was on the list for more advanced users. There was where I heard about the Opera Browser. Can anybody use it? Or is it for more advanced users where they do computer coding? Sorry for the long message. I thought Opera was a thing of the past.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

i dont remember which version i installed.

On 11/8/19, Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...> wrote:

> Hay I was wondering if the opera browser works with a screen reader such

> as nvda?  just let me know and I will try it

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Jaffar Sidek

It runs first class on windows 10 1903

On 11/9/2019 1:11 AM, Arlene wrote:

Yes, I knew it did. Wasn’t sure if it ran on other versions of windows.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Yes it still exists and I think it still runs on XP.

Cheers

Chris

What? Opera browser still exists?  I’ve heard of it when I was on the jaws list. Not the list that Debbi Scales ran. She was for beginners and advancing users. I was on the list for more advanced users. There was where I heard about the Opera Browser. Can anybody use it? Or is it for more advanced users where they do computer coding? Sorry for the long message. I thought Opera was a thing of the past.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

i dont remember which version i installed.

On 11/8/19, Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...> wrote:

> Hay I was wondering if the opera browser works with a screen reader such

> as nvda?  just let me know and I will try it

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

coccinelle@...

Hi,

I tried it and it is pretty fast and yes once can read articles with the annoyance of ads.  I could not use the Shift—F9 to copy a link.  Is there another way to do that.

Thanks

Blessings

Pascal

Yes, I knew it did. Wasn’t sure if it ran on other versions of windows.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Yes it still exists and I think it still runs on XP.

Cheers

Chris

What? Opera browser still exists?  I’ve heard of it when I was on the jaws list. Not the list that Debbi Scales ran. She was for beginners and advancing users. I was on the list for more advanced users. There was where I heard about the Opera Browser. Can anybody use it? Or is it for more advanced users where they do computer coding? Sorry for the long message. I thought Opera was a thing of the past.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

i dont remember which version i installed.

On 11/8/19, Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...> wrote:

> Hay I was wondering if the opera browser works with a screen reader such

> as nvda?  just let me know and I will try it

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Gene

Copy the Windows way.  I'm assuming you have NVDA set to show one link on one line.  Home, shift end, control c.  You only have to use the insert f9 insert f10 method in places where no cursor or virtual cursor is present, such as in a dialog.

However you have links set to display, go to the first letter of the link, and move through it holding the shift and use whatever movement commands you want, end, the right arrow key, etc.

Yes, I knew it did. Wasn’t sure if it ran on other versions of windows.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Yes it still exists and I think it still runs on XP.

Cheers

Chris

What? Opera browser still exists?  I’ve heard of it when I was on the jaws list. Not the list that Debbi Scales ran. She was for beginners and advancing users. I was on the list for more advanced users. There was where I heard about the Opera Browser. Can anybody use it? Or is it for more advanced users where they do computer coding? Sorry for the long message. I thought Opera was a thing of the past.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

i dont remember which version i installed.

On 11/8/19, Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...> wrote:

> Hay I was wondering if the opera browser works with a screen reader such

> as nvda?  just let me know and I will try it

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Gene

You alsaid you couldn't use shift f9.  its NVDA key f9.  Is that why you can't use the f9 and f10 method?

Yes, I knew it did. Wasn’t sure if it ran on other versions of windows.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Yes it still exists and I think it still runs on XP.

Cheers

Chris

What? Opera browser still exists?  I’ve heard of it when I was on the jaws list. Not the list that Debbi Scales ran. She was for beginners and advancing users. I was on the list for more advanced users. There was where I heard about the Opera Browser. Can anybody use it? Or is it for more advanced users where they do computer coding? Sorry for the long message. I thought Opera was a thing of the past.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

i dont remember which version i installed.

On 11/8/19, Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...> wrote:

> Hay I was wondering if the opera browser works with a screen reader such

> as nvda?  just let me know and I will try it

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Jaffar Sidek

Pascal.  I'm not sure if this is what you want to do, but arrow down to the link you want to copy, press shift+DownArrow to select it, then press the context menu key and arrow down to copy link address and press enter.  the link should now be copied to your clipboard.  I hope it helps.  Cheers!

On 11/9/2019 6:14 AM, coccinelle@... wrote:

Hi,

I tried it and it is pretty fast and yes once can read articles with the annoyance of ads.  I could not use the Shift—F9 to copy a link.  Is there another way to do that.

Thanks

Blessings

Pascal

Yes, I knew it did. Wasn’t sure if it ran on other versions of windows.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Yes it still exists and I think it still runs on XP.

Cheers

Chris

What? Opera browser still exists?  I’ve heard of it when I was on the jaws list. Not the list that Debbi Scales ran. She was for beginners and advancing users. I was on the list for more advanced users. There was where I heard about the Opera Browser. Can anybody use it? Or is it for more advanced users where they do computer coding? Sorry for the long message. I thought Opera was a thing of the past.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

i dont remember which version i installed.

On 11/8/19, Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...> wrote:

> Hay I was wondering if the opera browser works with a screen reader such

> as nvda?  just let me know and I will try it

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Gene

I made my last comments in the below message in case you don't have NVDA set to display only one link on a line and if there is more than one link on the line you are working with.  You can use the home shift end method for copying a full line of text.

Sent: Friday, November 08, 2019 4:32 PM

Copy the Windows way.  I'm assuming you have NVDA set to show one link on one line.  Home, shift end, control c.  You only have to use the insert f9 insert f10 method in places where no cursor or virtual cursor is present, such as in a dialog.

However you have links set to display, go to the first letter of the link, and move through it holding the shift and use whatever movement commands you want, end, the right arrow key, etc.

Yes, I knew it did. Wasn’t sure if it ran on other versions of windows.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Yes it still exists and I think it still runs on XP.

Cheers

Chris

What? Opera browser still exists?  I’ve heard of it when I was on the jaws list. Not the list that Debbi Scales ran. She was for beginners and advancing users. I was on the list for more advanced users. There was where I heard about the Opera Browser. Can anybody use it? Or is it for more advanced users where they do computer coding? Sorry for the long message. I thought Opera was a thing of the past.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

i dont remember which version i installed.

On 11/8/19, Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...> wrote:

> Hay I was wondering if the opera browser works with a screen reader such

> as nvda?  just let me know and I will try it

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

coccinelle@...

Yes, I said that because it is what I use in Chrome and Firefox.

Thanks for the tip.

Blessings

Pascal

You alsaid you couldn't use shift f9.  its NVDA key f9.  Is that why you can't use the f9 and f10 method?

Yes, I knew it did. Wasn’t sure if it ran on other versions of windows.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Yes it still exists and I think it still runs on XP.

Cheers

Chris

What? Opera browser still exists?  I’ve heard of it when I was on the jaws list. Not the list that Debbi Scales ran. She was for beginners and advancing users. I was on the list for more advanced users. There was where I heard about the Opera Browser. Can anybody use it? Or is it for more advanced users where they do computer coding? Sorry for the long message. I thought Opera was a thing of the past.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

i dont remember which version i installed.

On 11/8/19, Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...> wrote:

> Hay I was wondering if the opera browser works with a screen reader such

> as nvda?  just let me know and I will try it

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

coccinelle@...

Thanks Jaffar.  That exactly what I need.

Blessings

Pascal

Yes, I knew it did. Wasn’t sure if it ran on other versions of windows.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Yes it still exists and I think it still runs on XP.

Cheers

Chris

What? Opera browser still exists?  I’ve heard of it when I was on the jaws list. Not the list that Debbi Scales ran. She was for beginners and advancing users. I was on the list for more advanced users. There was where I heard about the Opera Browser. Can anybody use it? Or is it for more advanced users where they do computer coding? Sorry for the long message. I thought Opera was a thing of the past.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

i dont remember which version i installed.

On 11/8/19, Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...> wrote:

> Hay I was wondering if the opera browser works with a screen reader such

> as nvda?  just let me know and I will try it

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Gene

I don't know how that can be.  I just tried shift f9 on a link and it resulted in the link being followed.  Nothing was copied to the clipboard.

Gene