This is useless! iTunes: wow what a mess!

Boy! Has anyone seen iTunes on a Windows machine with NVDA lately? I am so! not! impressed!

I remember it being definitely a bit clunky, but certainly very very usable. Now, nothing at all reads hardly. I can tab and shift tab, but 99 percent of the time, when I do so, no elements are read. F6 and shift F6 kind of work like before, but it's very very unreliable at best. As new things appear in the main web view embedded area of the app, NVDA isn't telling me so, nor letting me tab to the area.

I was going to burn an audio book from Audible I have to CD for my own listening pleasure when not near a mobile device, but I guess, there went that idea down the John Crapper.

Anyone on Windows know another way to burn this Audible title to an audio CD aside iS**t? I mean, iTunes?

Chris.

Faithville

I would use either ez audio converter, or nero, I would also use winamp to get the lenght of the files so that you could make sure that the cds were as full as possible.

Boy! Has anyone seen iTunes on a Windows machine with NVDA lately? I am so! not! impressed!

I remember it being definitely a bit clunky, but certainly very very usable. Now, nothing at all reads hardly. I can tab and shift tab, but 99 percent of the time, when I do so, no elements are read. F6 and shift F6 kind of work like before, but it's very very unreliable at best. As new things appear in the main web view embedded area of the app, NVDA isn't telling me so, nor letting me tab to the area.

I was going to burn an audio book from Audible I have to CD for my own listening pleasure when not near a mobile device, but I guess, there went that idea down the John Crapper.

Anyone on Windows know another way to burn this Audible title to an audio CD aside iS**t? I mean, iTunes?

Chris.

Kimberly A. Morrow, PhD

This is the same when using Jaws. ITunes for Windows is definitely broken in terms of accessibility. I can no longer create playlists or burn CD's with iTunes.

Kim

Boy! Has anyone seen iTunes on a Windows machine with NVDA lately? I am so! not! impressed!

I remember it being definitely a bit clunky, but certainly very very
usable. Now, nothing at all reads hardly. I can tab and shift tab, but
99 percent of the time, when I do so, no elements are read. F6 and shift
F6 kind of work like before, but it's very very unreliable at best. As
new things appear in the main web view embedded area of the app, NVDA
isn't telling me so, nor letting me tab to the area.

I was going to burn an audio book from Audible I have to CD for my own
listening pleasure when not near a mobile device, but I guess, there
went that idea down the John Crapper.

Anyone on Windows know another way to burn this Audible title to an
audio CD aside iS**t? I mean, iTunes?

Chris.

Lenron

Itunes is complete crap on windows these days.

--
Lenron Brown
Main cell 985-714-8446

Derek Lane

The only thing is offers is the easy transfer of ringtones, but surely someone has found another way by this point.

--
Lenron Brown
Main cell 985-714-8446

That's an under-statement.

I was quite shocked, as the last I used it about a half a year ago, it was at least doable.

Chris.

On 4/13/2022 8:50 PM, Lenron wrote:
[...]

Mobeen Iqbal

Hi.

I'm using version 12.12.3 of the iTunes desktop client here without many issues with NVDA 2021.3.5. Windows 10 21H2. Are you guys referring to the iTunes app downloaded from the Microsoft store perhaps? Or the desktop client?

Cheers,

Mo.

--
Lenron Brown
Main cell 985-714-8446

wayne

I'm using itunes version 12.10.11.2. This version of iTunes was downloaded from apple. I believe it's the latest version for windows and I'm having no issues with iTunes, it's great. oh yeah, using the latest version of nvda. I hope this helps.

--
Lenron Brown
Main cell 985-714-8446

Yeah, this was definitely from the Microsoft store, but here's the thing. Unless I'm missing something here, when you go to

http://www.apple.com/itunes

which is normally where I used to get it, it redirects me to the Microsoft store to install it. I can't seem to find an e x e or m s i based installer. Now, if you know something we don't? Please please do tell, as I'd love to get the version that was accessible.

For reference, what I have is the same version you stated, and yes, I am on Windows 10 as well, and definitely am completely updated with NVDA to the most recent stable build. Same with JAWS, which also is having major major major focus issues, but that's for another list. Point being, it's not working here. I'd love however to give you the benefit of a doubt, so yeah, if you know something we don't, please do share.

Chris.

--
Lenron Brown
Main cell 985-714-8446

Hai Nguyen Ly

The latest Windows installer files for iTunes 12.8 are available here.
Previous versions of iTunes may be downloaded here.

Hai

--
Lenron Brown
Main cell 985-714-8446

Richard Bartholomew

Hi,

When going to that link you included, go to 'Looking for other versions' and, below that, you will see a button for Windows. If you click on that, you will be able to download the 64-bit version and, not surprisingly, the button which previously said Windows, now says Microsoft Store.

HTH

Richard Bartholomew

--
Lenron Brown
Main cell 985-714-8446

But, is that a different version than probably what I most likely installed? I don't mean to be at all rude, but I have way bigger things on my plate now to worry about than trying to deal with iTunes. I just got evicted at no faught of my own, and now need to figure out where I'm gonna go, as this was very very sudden.

Chris.

--
Lenron Brown
Main cell 985-714-8446

Sarah k Alawami

Yes it is. I don’t  normally install itunes or skype from the stores thanks to sand boxing etc at least on the windows side of things.

Take care.

----

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFfP. We are also on lbry as well.

Stay in touch with us via our discord. This is an easier way to both contact us, and get to know your fellow listeners.

--
Lenron Brown
Main cell 985-714-8446

Thanks Sarah,

I'll have a look when I can. Right now, I just wanna curl up in a ball, go to sleep, and well,... well, maybe it would be best for my sake I not finnish that thought.

Besides, technology is so highly over-rated. I'm not here though to start drama on this list. I'll just leave it there, but in all seriousness, thank you for the help.

Chris.

--
Lenron Brown
Main cell 985-714-8446

tim

A lot of what is offered from Microsoft is broken accessibility.

That is why I grabbed it from the support page for iTunes on apple.com.

On 4/13/2022 3:58 PM, Kimberly A. Morrow, PhD wrote:
[...]

It works very well for my on win 11.

Boy! Has anyone seen iTunes on a Windows machine with NVDA lately? I am so! not! impressed!

I remember it being definitely a bit clunky, but certainly very very usable. Now, nothing at all reads hardly. I can tab and shift tab, but 99 percent of the time, when I do so, no elements are read. F6 and shift F6 kind of work like before, but it's very very unreliable at best. As new things appear in the main web view embedded area of the app, NVDA isn't telling me so, nor letting me tab to the area.

I was going to burn an audio book from Audible I have to CD for my own listening pleasure when not near a mobile device, but I guess, there went that idea down the John Crapper.

Anyone on Windows know another way to burn this Audible title to an audio CD aside iS**t? I mean, iTunes?

Chris.

For me iTunes works perfectly, using Windows 10 21H2 with the latest version of NVDA.
For pretty much all of my essential apps I just use Ninite (https://ninite.com/) since it automatically installs all of them silently (including NVDA).

Sarah k Alawami

This is why I now use chocolety. It does the same thing except you get way more apps and you can customize a batch file if you so chose to run and update stuff at start up etc. NVDA and I believe iTunes are in there as well plus some other goodies, and I mean probably a few hundred or more by now.

----

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFfP. We are also on lbry as well.

Stay in touch with us via our discord. This is an easier way to both contact us, and get to know your fellow listeners.

For me iTunes works perfectly, using Windows 10 21H2 with the latest version of NVDA.
For pretty much all of my essential apps I just use Ninite (https://ninite.com/) since it automatically installs all of them silently (including NVDA).

Sarah k Alawami

It is a package manager  for windows.  Search for chocolety on your favorite web search place.  I can’t answer here, sorry. I do kind of talk about it in one of my videos having to do with a chrome bug.  Hope that helps a bit

----