Topics

thunderbird addon

Don H

My Thundbird just updated to veersion 78.  I had the addon that allowed first letter navigation of the Email folders before but the update removed it.  Don't remember the name of the addon that provided this ffirst letter navigation.  Can someone please tell me the name of the addon?

Thanks

Michel Such

Hi,

The add-on is Quick folder key navigation.

Le 21/07/2020 à 15:07, Don H a écrit :
My Thundbird just updated to veersion 78.  I had the addon that allowed first letter navigation of the Email folders before but the update removed it.  Don't remember the name of the addon that provided this ffirst letter navigation.  Can someone please tell me the name of the addon?

Thanks

Don H

I search for that in the addon manager and nothing shows up.  Wonder if this addon doesn't work with thunderbird version 78?

On 7/21/2020 8:29 AM, Michel Such wrote:

Hi,

The add-on is Quick folder key navigation.

Le 21/07/2020 à 15:07, Don H a écrit :
My Thundbird just updated to veersion 78.  I had the addon that allowed first letter navigation of the Email folders before but the update removed it.  Don't remember the name of the addon that provided this ffirst letter navigation.  Can someone please tell me the name of the addon?

Thanks

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

It allows the rearrangement of header columns among other things.  The NVDA add on that is supposed to enhance Thunderbird functionality is called Mozilla apps enhancement. However, this add on does not work with Thunderbird 78.

The quick key folder navitation is a Thunderbird add on.  I don't know if it works with version 78.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Dan Beaver

I believe it is a thunderbird extension not an NVDA addin.

Isn't this correct?

Dan Beaver

On 7/21/2020 9:34 AM, Don H wrote:

I search for that in the addon manager and nothing shows up.  Wonder if this addon doesn't work with thunderbird version 78?

On 7/21/2020 8:29 AM, Michel Such wrote:

Hi,

The add-on is Quick folder key navigation.

Le 21/07/2020 à 15:07, Don H a écrit :
My Thundbird just updated to veersion 78.  I had the addon that allowed first letter navigation of the Email folders before but the update removed it.  Don't remember the name of the addon that provided this ffirst letter navigation.  Can someone please tell me the name of the addon?

Thanks

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 09:39 AM, Dan Beaver wrote:
I believe it is a thunderbird extension not an NVDA addin.
Correct.  See my:  Thunderbird Email Client Tutorial

OK, I'm having a temporary memory lapse here, and even searching my own records, but I could swear that there is an NVDA Add-On, and I thought it was Mozilla Apps Enhancements, that made it easy to re-order columns under Thunderbird without the need for drag and drop.  If it is, the documentation makes no mention of how that's done, and I have definitely forgotten.

If anyone can shed some light, it would be appreciated.

As an aside, Thunderbird 78 includes major changes to its UI and is still very much in beta stage.  It's completely unsurprising that existing add-ons, whether Thunderbird's own or screen-reader based, will not work correctly with it.  I'd expect this to remain the case until it gets a lot closer to release and the developers of said add-ons tweak them when release is imminent or right after it occurs.

If you are on the release channel for Thunderbird 32-bit, the latest version is 68.10.0

Tyler Spivey

It is Mozilla Apps Enhancements. From the readme:

◦ NVDA+H Displays a dialog in which you can change the order of the
columns in the message list.

On 7/21/2020 8:37 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
[...]

Brian *-* Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363

*/Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its
platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth./*

      ~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in /New York Times/ article, /How
Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States/
<https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/health/anti-vaccination-movement-us.html>/,/September
23, 2019

Thanks Tyler.  I looked at the documentation twice, and I don't know how or why I missed that other than it's at the very bottom and I was rushed.

Kevin Cussick

Hi, yes it does not work with this version.

On 21/07/2020 14:34, Don H wrote:
I search for that in the addon manager and nothing shows up. Wonder if this addon doesn't work with thunderbird version 78?
On 7/21/2020 8:29 AM, Michel Such wrote:

Hi,

The add-on is Quick folder key navigation.

Michel Such <mailto:michel.such@...>
Expert NVDA certifié 2019